Bashring or Chainguard

River Rat

My better half has a habit of bumping her calf on the chainring and this has resulted numerous small cuts. However today's adventure resulted in 11 stitches clearly something has to be done.

I have thought of fitting a bashring to provide some protection but I am struggling to find one that fits a 44 tooth, any suggestions?

When does she bump her calve on the chainring? Hopefully not while riding ... otherwise you might need to check in to to Bike Size thread ;)

Hope she recovers quickly!

Tankman, it usually happens when she makes an emergency stop and for some reason she places her foot in front of the chainring. The part that bugs me is that she has more scars than I have and continues to ride regardless. I would be curled up on the sofa with a comforting hot choclate ages ago.

Mad, that could work thanks.

Tankman, it usually happens when she makes an emergency stop and for some reason she places her foot in front of the chainring. The part that bugs me is that she has more scars than I have and continues to ride regardless. I would be curled up on the sofa with a comforting hot choclate ages ago.

Mad, that could work thanks.

Dude :blink:

I scheme maybe you should invest in some brakes, before a bashring......

Just saying.

How does she stop the BMW in an emergency? :o

Dude :blink:

I scheme maybe you should invest in some brakes, before a bashring......

Just saying.

How does she stop the BMW in an emergency? :o

Foot through the floorboard. How do you do it?

Foot through the floorboard. How do you do it?

Right. Sorry, forgot it was a Beemer. :lol:

Maybe some shin guards worn back to front. :thumbup:

Tankman, it usually happens when she makes an emergency stop and for some reason she places her foot in front of the chainring. The part that bugs me...

Yea, the part that bugs me is that she must be placing her right foot almost behind the front wheel under the frame somewhere when stopping

Save yourself some trouble & money and teach her to unclip the left foot first :thumbup: :D