Best place for MTB service in CT?

SB_CT

We're looking for some advice regarding a good place to send our bikes in for a service in Cape Town.

The bikes we're looking to service are 2010 Trance X1 and X4.

Olymipc would be closest and most convenient, but I've read mixed reviews about them in terms of price and workmanship. Other options would be Crown, CWC, Cycle Factory and BMC.

Any opinions or pointers to similar threads would be good :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're looking for some advice regarding a good place to send our bikes in for a service in Cape Town.

Olymipc would be closest and most convenient, but I've read mixed reviews about them in terms of price and workmanship. Other options would be Crown, CWC, Cycle Factory and BMC.

BMC

Olympic have been around for the longest by miles, clearly doing something right. You'll hear good and bad stories from all places, best bet really is to pick a spot and stick with them.

other good options in the area are:

magent cycles(main road wynberg)

crosstown cycles(mains road, kenilworth)

epic cycles(gabriel road, diepriver)

Out of those options BMC would be my first choice, but I understand/heard through the grapevine that CWC now have the services of Kyle (SP?) .. if so then he is also a very good guy to leave your bicycle with.

Just round the corner from them there is a place called Crown Cycles. I find them very helpful. ph 0216716382.

Olympic have been around for the longest by miles, clearly doing something right. You'll hear good and bad stories from all places, best bet really is to pick a spot and stick with them.

other good options in the area are:

magent cycles(main road wynberg)

crosstown cycles(mains road, kenilworth)

epic cycles(gabriel road, diepriver)

That place has gone. I drive past there every day. It is now a pizza shop. Does anyone know what happened to them?

What are your guys view on City Cycles in Canal Walk? How do you rate their service?

I wouldn't call it service. But that is my 2c. Don't like the place at all. Once again my 2c.

BMC

The owner of magnet cycles is the son of the owner of speedy cycles i think . They have joined forces in the speedy cycles shop in wynberg . My grandfather cycled for over 50 years and he swore by speedy cycles . And soloped in cape town.

Try Adriano, aka the Professor

His no. is 0784510061.

He can pick up and drop off your bike and he does a really good job and wont rip you off!

I wouldn't call it service. But that is my 2c. Don't like the place at all. Once again my 2c.

Havent serviced a bike there but they have always been helpful - sold me the correct tool to fit my XT crank bearings for my new crank - so they are good for the DIY guy, unlike Cycle Lab who sold me the wrong tool :lol:

I have experience with Epic in Wynberg and recommend them.

What are your guys view on City Cycles in Canal Walk? How do you rate their service?

I might in an emergency get them to let me use their floor pump to pump up my wheel ......

CWC now have the services of Kyle (SP?) .. if so then he is also a very good guy to leave your bicycle with.

agreed, he hasn't let me down.

Edited by alsoran