CAD file for shimano chainrings

Hairy

Hi All

Does anyone have a CAD file for the typical Shimano chainrings .... I am wanting to use the basic tooth profile to get a SS middle blade cut. This would obviously not have any of the ramps and pins. It also allows me to get a little creative on the material to be cut out of the blade.

Regards

Hairy

If you pay me, I will draw it ;) Draw these types of things all day long.

You see I was planning on "drawing" over it too, in CAD, before getting it CNC'd, waterjet or lazer cut....pending which would be best for this application.

You see I was planning on "drawing" over it too, in CAD, before getting it CNC'd, waterjet or lazer cut....pending which would be best for this application.

Its gonna be hard to get that from anywhere, so scanning and tracing may be only option. Laser cutting will be the only way, cheaper then waterjet, then again you may need to worry about the heat transfer with laser cutting.

Edited by Caerus

Thinks it's more complicated than just water jetting or lasering it. It would have to be milled and turned as well to get the proper 3d tooth form and to keep the weight down. This means you would have to get a 3 CAD model by 3d scanning a new OEM ring.

Not worth the effort in my opinion.

Ok I have a decent Autodesk inventor format .. if anyone can convert this to DWG. for me please would you let me know.

For a SS blade it need not be so complicated and weight is not really an issue for me on this ... durability is the name of the game here!

Thinks it's more complicated than just water jetting or lasering it. It would have to be milled and turned as well to get the proper 3d tooth form and to keep the weight down. This means you would have to get a 3 CAD model by 3d scanning a new OEM ring.

Not worth the effort in my opinion.

no it's not IF you are doing a single speed ring as there is no shifting. For a shifting system the 3d profiles help shifting, yet many cheap rings have been stamped for decades and have no 3D component at all.

B

Send it to me and i'll do it for you.

steve@edmshop.co.za

You got some nice toys at your shop :drool: