Commute: Kuilsriver to Pinelands

Hearts*

I commute daily with my MTB to reduce the chances of punctures...25km one way

Route up: Down Van Riebeeck in Kuilsriver towards Bellville...over Strand street bridge left pass Traffic department...left on Modderdam and right into Tienie meyer bypass right into Pinelands passing Cravenby/Elsies/Epping...

Route home: Through Thornton under bridge on Grand west side toward Voortrekker...left on Vasco boulevard and right into Milton and then toward N1 city left I take the right into Frans Conradie all the way back to Bellville onto Voortrekker and back into Kuilsriver...

Not the most comfortable routes in terms of traffic, but what can a man do?

• 2 weeks later...

What is the route like? I'm also looking for a way to commute to Brackenfell from Pinelands so will just do the route out in the mornings...

Coming through from Brackenfell I would use Old Paarl road into Bellville, right into Bill Bezuidenhout and Left into Avondale(Oakdale area)which becomes Frans Conradie which you can follow right through to Parow golf course...Left into M12 Jan van Riebeeck drive and right Milton drive...at the second robot(Vasco boulevard) you go left towards Voortrekker...

You can either go towards Voortekker if you are brave or through the suburb Dingle road and do a short bit of Voortekker over the bridge into Thornton and you are in Pinelands...most of that route has a big yellow lane and some parts are bicycle lanes...I use the robot to race and some interval training...

Let me know how it goes...

Edited by Hearts*

• 2 weeks later...

Did the ride into work this morning! Went quite well... Went through pinelands, along voortrekker for a bit, vanguard, frans conradie and then bill bezuidenhout, then suikerbos/frans conradie and then brackenfell boulevard. Quite a nice route as you say. Might change to do the old paarl road instead of suikerbos as that road isn't so nice. Will see how the ride home goes this afternoon.

I commute from Bellville to Pinelands on my MTB as well.

For a short ride, I stay on Frans Conradie all the way until the N7. I take a left on the N7 and continue over Voortrekker road. I then take a right turn under the bridge at Grand West and head through Thornton.

For my Medium ride I go via the back of Tyger Valley and take Jip de Jager, then right in Hendrik Verwoerd drive, then left into Giel Basson and then continue the same way via Frans Conradie.

For my longer ride I go off road via Majik Forest/Bloemendal and then over Tikkie Draai (Durbanville Road). I then cut through Burgundy Estate (Sienna Drive) and then onto Giel Basson, Frans Conradie and my normal route to Pinelands.

I love all the options I have :-)