SRAM x9 or Shimano LX shifters

Graash

I have two sets of shifters for my mountain bike, SRAM X9 and Shimano LX, both in the same kind of condition. Not sure which one is better to keep on my bike.

Also have two options for a front shock, I have a Manitou Skareb and a Rock Shox Tora, which one should I keep? Both shocks don't have lockout and are pretty much similar.

Please help me out here by giving me advice as to which shifters and which front shocks I should keep?

Any comments welcome. I am leaning towards the SRAM X9 and Rock Shox Tora, but not sure.

Shot

will the x9 work with shimano deraileurs?

Only with the front deraileur - for the rear you will need a Sram i.e. X0,X9,X7 etc.

oh, that sucks. I have got a SRAM X9 RD aswel but wana keep the SLX one cause its in waaay better condition. And I would rather keep it all shimano then.

So LX shifters I guess it will be!

Isn't the Skareb a 'better' (lighter and air?) albeit older fork than the Tora? Is the Tora air or coil (I seem to think air .....)

I think the Skareb is lighter but I have only read bad things about it, they seem to flex a LOT and many many many reviews have said that they break if you put them under a little bit of pressure. They are both coil shocks, they aren't the latest models which are air. So they pretty similar just don't want the shock breaking on me when coming down hill at a speed and I go flying.

I am a BIG guy and ride an 80mm Skareb on one of my bikes (it is the air one), there is some irritating flex but never been scared it breaks ....