Durbanville High School Funride and MTB 2011

Tiny K

This is a lekka race with awesome prizes up for grabs in the lucky draw :thumbup: (I did the long route road race last year)

Start: 29 October 2011 6:30 am

End: 29 October 2011 11:30 am

Category: MTB, Road

Organizer: Hoërskool Durbanville Prettrapkomitee

Phone: 0824112827

Email: alumni@durbanvillehs.co.za

Venue: Hoërskool Durbanville

Cyclists exit Durbanville via Wellington Rd, turning right onto the R312 past the Fisantekraal aerodrome and across the “fruit sellers” 4-way intersection. Turn left onto the R44, and left again onto the second Voorpaardeberg Rd. Turn left near the Sonop Winery, right at the T-junction and left again onto the R302. Cyclists then turn right at the silos and right again onto Philadelphia Road before returning to Durbanville via Adderley Road. The 48.5km route turns left at the R312/R304 four-way intersection and rejoins the long route at the silos.

The 13 km MTB route (untimed) is a scenic ride through the Clara Anna Fontein private game reserve and surrounding wine farms. The route has a few climbs but is suitable for families and novices. The 30 km MTB route is a new route for the hard core mountain biker and offers a good mix of Jeep and single track with plenty of climbing and challenging technical sections.

DISTANCES Road 94.3 km; 48.5 km; MTB 30 km;13 km

STARTING TIMES 94.3 km @ 06h30; 48.5 km @ 07h15; MTB 30 km @ 08h00; 13 km @ 08h30

ORGANISING COMMITTEE Hoërskool Durbanville Prettrapkomitee

VENUE Hoërskool Durbanville

ENQUIRIES Melissa Bower

PHONE 082 411 2827

EMAIL alumni@durbanvillehs.co.za

PRIZE GIVING/CUT-OFF 11h30

PRE-ENTRIES CLOSE 26 October 2011

ONLINE ENTRIES www.pedalpower.org.za

DIRECTIONS TO VENUE

From the N1, take the Durbanville off-ramp into Durban Road. Pass Tygervalley Centre and continue into Durbanville. Pass the Palm Grove Shopping Centre and Spiro’s Corner on your left, with Durbanville Shopping Centre on your right. Turn left into Queen Street and follow the signs to the parking area on the school grounds.GPS Coordinates: 33 o 49’51.00”S 18 o 38’38.02”O

NOTES

Food stalls, a beer tent and other entertainment. Goodie bags to the first 500 entrants. Medals for all finishers. Easy Entry Tickets accepted. The 13 km MTB route will not be timed. Remember to wear your PPA funride number. Refer to the back page for info on CSA licenses.

Pre-Entries Late Entries

Distance Entry Fee PPA discounted entry fee Entry Fee PPA discounted entry fee

Road – 94.3 km R115 R100 R125 R110

Road – 48.5 km R105 R90 R115 R100

MTB – 30 km R115 R100 R125 R110

MTB – 13 km R65 R50 R75 R60

CSA Day License R35 - R35 -

Temp Nr R5 (unseeded) - R5(unseeded) R30(seeded)

Edited by Tiny K

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a roller fest with a possible final turn & finish into the South Easter, considering seasonal trends.

So, spare some matches for the final 30 kms and a series of tough rollers in the final 10 kms to the finish.

I plan to be there.

;)

I'm there, but for the shorter route!

I can roll outta bed 10 min before the start and still be there early! :D

I wonder if it is for the 1st 500 entries of the 1st 500 to register? how do we check how many entries have been received already?

I wonder if it is for the 1st 500 entries of the 1st 500 to register? how do we check how many entries have been received already?

I was wondering the same thing. I entered in about two weeks ago. I ride in N group, so no need to be so early. Might lose out if it is the 1st 500 hundred to register.

Every year I ride to the event, collect my goodie bag but can't do anything with it so I end up just leaving it there anyway

Every year I ride to the event, collect my goodie bag but can't do anything with it so I end up just leaving it there anyway

Same here.

Oh yea, this is the one where they try and pile 250 cyclists, approaching at speeds in excess of 50km/h, into a single file 15m after the finish line, to cross the one and only stupid time matt!

Let's see if the can sort it out this time? PPA are aware of this!

Edited by Tankman

Oh yea, this is the one where they try and pile 250 cyclists, approaching at speeds in excess of 50km/h, into a single file 15m after the finish line, to cross the one and only stupid time matt!

:lol:

Edited by ' Dale

That is the one :rolleyes:

Well, it only affects the elite and SV guys that are sprinting for the finish, so I am not bothered :lol: :lol:

But, I remember the thread last year, and how the guys complained about it. Was not ayoba! I even thought it was a little bit stupid of them to only have one timing mat and not the usual two mats... :huh:

Hope I'm not being stupid but I can't find the online entry link to this race? Anyone know it, please?

Enter through racetec's site. Just search for it under calendar.