CSA Refutes Baseless Rumours

Tumbleweed

Dear

I really cannot be part of an organization where no questions may be asked if millions of Rands of cyclists money are being lost by poor decisions and management. I don’t agree with this and hereby resign from all positions in cycling with immediate effect. Thanks everyone for the 3 years in which we improved on a number of things, but unfortunately also bankrupted the organization with the ...result that our riders are not getting what they deserve. I was asked to resign a while ago due to the fact that I dare to criticize the organization in the social media. I can no longer be silent and see this sport being ruined by a few people at the top.

It is also clear that CyclingSA does not have the political will to improve safety aspects of road racing in this country. It is only a matter of time before riders will get killed in races under our jurisdiction and I cannot be part of that.

It is not fair to my family that I spend hours a day as a volunteer where the only reward is constant criticism and negativity.

Kind regards

Hendrik Lemmer

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear

I really cannot be part of an organization where no questions may be asked if millions of Rands of cyclists money are being lost by poor decisions and management. I don’t agree with this and hereby resign from all positions in cycling with immediate effect. Thanks everyone for the 3 years in which we improved on a number of things, but unfortunately also bankrupted the organization with the ...result that our riders are not getting what they deserve. I was asked to resign a while ago due to the fact that I dare to criticize the organization in the social media. I can no longer be silent and see this sport being ruined by a few people at the top.

It is also clear that CyclingSA does not have the political will to improve safety aspects of road racing in this country. It is only a matter of time before riders will get killed in races under our jurisdiction and I cannot be part of that.

It is not fair to my family that I spend hours a day as a volunteer where the only reward is constant criticism and negativity.

Kind regards

Hendrik Lemmer

Wow - thats going to cause a storm!!

Exactly.

Beyond that, I am not all that involved in cycling to even know what this is all about. But I do know this statement above is why I will only ever do races with full road closure.

Is cycling in SA going down the drain? Whats going on?

but unfortunately also bankrupted the organization

So he admits that CSA is broke :o

Hendrik seems to have tried to get things sorted out,my guess is that CSA will go down from here.

It's sad to see that one of the only people that's doing their job resign, while the overwhelming majority that does nothing stays.

Hopefully Hendrik can continue building the Tour de Boland, since clearly the Tour of SA is as dead as the hooker in my freezer.

So he admits that CSA is broke :o

Hendrik seems to have tried to get things sorted out,my guess is that CSA will go down from here.

The race organisers all complain about how much they have to pay to CSA to hold a race, some of the smaller races no longer held for that reason, licensing fees etc. - where has all the money gone?

The race organisers all complain about how much they have to pay to CSA to hold a race, some of the smaller races no longer held for that reason, licensing fees etc. - where has all the money gone?

Swimming pools

The race organisers all complain about how much they have to pay to CSA to hold a race, some of the smaller races no longer held for that reason, licensing fees etc. - where has all the money gone? What does all the money go towards?

:thumbup:

I was asked to resign a while ago due to the fact that I dare to criticize the organization in the social media. I can no longer be silent and see this sport being ruined by a few people at the top.

Hendrik Lemmer

:clap:

Eventually someone with balls.

I would love to hear all of it though, seems like our contributions have gone a long way in funding some lavish lifestyles.

I never thought I'd say this, but..... race organisers always charged the day license fee, but it's only the last couple of years that the CSA got their ducks in a row, and started gathering that money that was owed to them. So for years a whole bunch of organiser got away with charging day licenses at then pocketing the money. So that's not quite (fully) the CSA's fault

Edited by Napalm

:clap:

Eventually someone with balls.

I would love to hear all of it though, seems like our contributions have gone a long way in funding some lavish lifestyles.

I would think that CSA would be a very hard organisation to fleece. The membership has many people that are highly skilled and love complaining. Would they really be so stupid(dare i ask)?

On the flip side may mr grootlemmer enjoy his day with more hours to go riding now.

It is quite sad that Hendrik has resigned.

I met him at the TdBoland - volunteered to help in the setting up and driving backup - and he was jacked on getting the event up and running and always had something that he wanted to improve as the days went on. :thumbup:

I do hope he remains in the cycling fraternity, even if it is as an outside entity keeping CSA in check. I agree with him - too many higher up people with no idea of what it is that they are supposed to be doing and just rolling out their own agenda. That, and with no one to keep the guys in check and accountable. :thumbdown: