Italian bike with Japanese groupset

Eddie13

I would like to get your guys views on this.

I've always been a cycling traditionalist and a fan of the little unwritten laws of cycling like not riding a non-Italian groupset on an Italian bike. But now I got the opportunity of upgrading my current old Look frame to a new Wilier frame and I've always been using Shimano. I wouldn't mind changing to Campag, but I can't afford a new frame and groupset just now.

What do you other traditionalists think? Should I go for the upgrade or rather look for a different frame?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Eddie,

I ride a Guerciotti with a Dura ace group set which might be frowned on , but what the heck ride what you want or what is best for your pocket. Perhaps later you can satisfy the traditionalists. I think both group sets are very good and will work perfectly.

Regards

Sarge

It is not a problem at all, as long as you smoke the guys riding Italian/Campy bikes! ;)

Edited by DJR

It is only Bianchi that has to be specced with Camapag. Any other Italian frame can be fitted with Shimano

This thread is useless without pics? Which Wilier?

I am a traditionalist myself but even the stern Italians sell their bikes as complete bikes with Shimano/SRAM nowadays.

As long as your rectify your errors at some point in the future... :angry:

You are cycling for yourself. Don't worry what others say or think. You should not be judged by what you ride, or can afford. Nice frame though

Ask team sky!

Dogma with DA... and I think they slightly better than most of us on the hub!

Their excuse is that they are English....

Mixing pasta with sushi will be fine, so if you have to fit a Jap group, it has to be Dura Ace, cause Tiagra and Sora would'nt cut it!

Edited by andrè traut

Screw the traditionalists.

It's your cash, so it's your choice.

There you go. Do it to yourself then..... :lol: