is Groenkloof becoming a"hasbeen"

Capcha

For the third time this week I was riding the lower section of groenkloof close to the UNISA building. First thing that struck me on Wednesday is the gate between the Gautrain and the nature reserve was open, even today it was still wide open. Now anyone who cycles next to the fence knows how many brothers walk on the railway line and can so easily decide to go through the gate for a short cut and the next thing you know...hands in the air.

My next gripe is the amount of brothers pissing it up and dropping and smashing their bottles on the ground on the single track again the lower side. Does groenkloof not get cleaners to clean the place up. Had to swerve and bunny hop broken bottles today. Yes, the upper section is better as far as animals and privacy is concerned but the lower section is so much more forested and I enjoy cycling around and through the river. Also the noise of the music blairing is enough to put anybody off. Are there not rules about DB noises being too loud? Anyway, that's my rant but I am pretty much getting sick of the same sh#!t at groenkloof weekend after weekend.

Yeah cut my tyre on glass there a while back that I had to then plug. Not cool :thumbdown:

Still a nice close venue.What race to do, Babbas or Ystervark ?Have not done either

Have you ever stopped to clear the broken bottles off the track so the next guy doesn't have the same issue or do you just curse and wait for the brother to come along and sweep it for you?

For the third time this week I was riding the lower section of groenkloof close to the UNISA building. First thing that struck me on Wednesday is the gate between the Gautrain and the nature reserve was open, even today it was still wide open. Now anyone who cycles next to the fence knows how many brothers walk on the railway line and can so easily decide to go through the gate for a short cut and the next thing you know...hands in the air.

My next gripe is the amount of brothers pissing it up and dropping and smashing their bottles on the ground on the single track again the lower side. Does groenkloof not get cleaners to clean the place up. Had to swerve and bunny hop broken bottles today. Yes, the upper section is better as far as animals and privacy is concerned but the lower section is so much more forested and I enjoy cycling around and through the river. Also the noise of the music blairing is enough to put anybody off. Are there not rules about DB noises being too loud? Anyway, that's my rant but I am pretty much getting sick of the same sh#!t at groenkloof weekend after weekend.

Sorry but i read the title as Groenkloof becoming a"shabeen"

Sorry but i read the title as Groenkloof becoming a"shabeen"

I was at groenkloof this morning.You stumbled upon cabletheft insident .Next thing we hear the gautrain has been stolen,I like to put something stronger in my castle ,i mean waterbottle Edited by ben-johan

I think you are talking about Fountains, Groenkloof has none of the issues you refer to but Fountains does, plus the last veld fire has damaged a couple of the wooden bridges.

This is a real pity as Fountains has some great technical riding that could be lost perhaps we should be raising this with Tshwane Municipality.

Update:

The burnt out bridge at fountains has been repaired. Due to the rain a tree has fallen over two single tracks in the forested section near the road. The low level river crossing in the forest has a lot of trees and drift wood on it making it unprortable. I did not see too much glass on the trails, however at the lapa there was a party and a lot of bottles and trash on the ground. THe staff at Groenkloof do send cleaners into the area to clean up the vegatiation regularly. About 4 weeks ago tehre was a team in there.

THe single track past Mojo's has been straped and widened as well.

My major complaint is with other mtbkers how insist on riding the down hill single track in fontains where it obviously beyond their ability and then lock and drag their wheels down over the rocks and sand. This rips up the hardened surface and dislodges the rocks, leaving a powdery mess and deap ruts. With the first rain there won't be any singe track left.

Groenkloof also is suffering from too many ride and rip cyclists who will never have flow as they ride on their brakes the whole time.

Brakes?!? Can you eat that???

If I have to pay to use the track I would expect the track to be kept clean and be looked after! Other wise I might as well just cycle in the first open felt I can get to...

Brakes?!? Can you eat that???

If I have to pay to use the track I would expect the track to be kept clean and be looked after! Other wise I might as well just cycle in the first open felt I can get to...

Felt?!? Can you feel that???

Have you ever stopped to clear the broken bottles off the track so the next guy doesn't have the same issue or do you just curse and wait for the brother to come along and sweep it for you?

Stop to clear the brocken bottles??? WTF?? I pay money to ride which includes them cleaning. A little less crack a little more reality!!!

There is someone in charge of Groenkloof. I am fairly sure they don't read the Hub.

Maybe you should complain to them? Telephone works best. Be polite.

There is someone in charge of Groenkloof. I am fairly sure they don't read the Hub.

Maybe you should complain to them? Telephone works best. Be polite.

Will do. spoke to the security at the gate but gave me a blank look and then a nod...guessing it didnt register.