lets talk wheels...

Johnstoneighty6

I have just recently bought a Specialized transition TT bike, and now its time to look for deep sections. I am looking at doing Olympic and IM70.3 raes for now... What wheel sets should I be focusing on and what brands should I look at? Help pleeease!

okay, and what size is the best size for tri?

My humble opinion - 60mm front and rear is very good (Zipp 404 / Easton EC90) or even 60mm front and 90mm rear. If there is a strong cross wind go as low as 32mm or even 24mm as you battle to control the bike when in the bars.

Have you seen the Rolfs, very good TRI brand. Very big in USA.

check their SA web site www.high5sports.co.za

Have you seen the Rolfs, very good TRI brand. Very big in USA.

check their SA web site www.high5sports.co.za

Quite strong those Rolf wheels too....

I have just got a set of the new Zipp 808's firecrest RIMS. And I can say that they roll super fast.

And after looking at the spec's the new Zipp 808 clinchers are the same weight as the old Zipp 404's.

Yes they are expensive but if you can afford it, without a doubt I would get the Zipp's

I have just got a set of the new Zipp 808's firecrest RIMS. And I can say that they roll super fast.

And after looking at the spec's the new Zipp 808 clinchers are the same weight as the old Zipp 404's.

Yes they are expensive but if you can afford it, without a doubt I would get the Zipp's

Send us a pic please

Yes I know I need to figure out how to upload the pic, as I put it in the attachments but it did not seem to upload!!!

Ok I have no idea on how to upload or imbed the picture

here is the URL just copy and paste this into your browser

New Giant bike with Zipp 808 Firecrest

Ok I have no idea on how to upload or imbed the picture

here is the URL just copy and paste this into your browser

New Giant bike with Zipp 808 Firecrest

Worth the wait. Bike looks stunning :thumbup: How do the wheels handle in crosswinds