MTB pedals

E-man

SPD's has a lot off fans, inc me, longest lasting pedals there is. Did you try loosening the tension bolts?

You could try adjusting the release tension if you haven't to make it easier to unclip.

They are entry level though, unsure if XT will work better in that regard.

I also had the same issue, switched to eggbeaters for almost 3 years now and never had the same issue of falling over :thumbup:

The 3 model is also more durable, no more bushings but bearings instead.

CWC doesnt have the eggbeater 3 in stock though, Buycycle are running a special however and they have stock.

Candy just has a platform so slightly less mud clearance but supposed to be more stable as there's more shoe contact area.

Bit heavier.

More contact also supposed to lead to less hot spots.

Keep in mind these do not have a release tension setting just a cleat dependant angle setting so they can be stiff in the beginning, still better than shimano IMO.

Some shoes might need trimming of the shoe tread to work well or use the shims included.

They can damage a carbon sole so I would suggest getting the plates CB sells that fit under the cleat that protects the sole. ABout R100 on CRC

WW.

Have had SPD and eggbeaters - much prefer the eggbeaters, have not looked back since changing to them.

Everybody will give you their own opinion. I would say try Look Quartz. It's the second best pedal on the market. The best is Look Quartz Carbon (the Ti version is too expensive).

Everybody will give you their own opinion. I would say try Look Quartz. It's the second best pedal on the market. The best is Look Quartz Carbon (the Ti version is too expensive).

So n mond kort stroop. :D

Agree on the opinion bit. I currently have SPDs on two bikes, Egg beaters on another and Look Quartz on yet another. I see pedals just as thingies that attach you to the bike. Nothing more.

Just loosen the tension screws on the spd's. I have ridden SPD's for the last 10 years and have only fallen over twice, in the beginning. Once you get used to the action necessary to clip out, there's never a problem.

Im looking for mtb pedals for easy and fast unclipping. I had Shimano PDM 520 Pedals and it sucked! Fell alot because cleats got stuck!

I got XT pedals and they are awsome. When I told my son how easy the XT pedals unclip, his comment was "why do you want to unclipped" :lol:

I've only had SPD's and I do lots of unclipping. Fell off once before adjusting the tension screw. Mud never a problem as well. Newer XTR SPD's look good.

Edited by kosmonooit

Fell alot because cleats got stuck!

You sure it was just the pedals :unsure: - even with other pedals you have to twist the foot and take it out (in time!) ....

I got XT pedals and they are awsome. When I told my son how easy the XT pedals unclip, his comment was "why do you want to unclipped" :lol:

Not a huge fan of XT pedals since iv used them - then again maybe i just need to adjust tension screws or cleats getting old.. OP note the cleats can make a huge difference to uncleating as well. :)