Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did the two threads get deleted or locked ? cant find them and I would (have) liked to read the comments.....

Both Threads got deleted last nite @ about midnight. Ironic Hey!! It was a request from both parties involved.

To the other cycling smokers out there (and it seems there are plenty): Lets not fool ourselves, we do not really want to smoke. Yes, we enjoy it and yes, it will be hard to quit, but we can do it. Anyone out there willing to take up the challenge with me to stop on say 25 August? We can motivate and support each other and have a tread on our progress. Imagine what HeartCoppi will have to say. Be strong, say yes!!

oh bugger .. I was hoping to have a read before they went up in flames.

...me aswell, was quite disappointed this morning. But then again, maybe it's best left alone.

Both Threads got deleted last nite @ about midnight. Ironic Hey!! It was a request from both parties involved.

that usually happens when lawers get involved.

To the other cycling smokers out there (and it seems there are plenty): Lets not fool ourselves, we do not really want to smoke. Yes, we enjoy it and yes, it will be hard to quit, but we can do it. Anyone out there willing to take up the challenge with me to stop on say 25 August? We can motivate and support each other and have a tread on our progress. Imagine what HeartCoppi will have to say. Be strong, say yes!!

I'm ALL for that!!! I have STOPPED today...why wait till the 25th?? Was going to start a new Thread in 3 days time anyway to give some progress. Someone told me that it takes 72hrs (3days) for the nicotine to leave yr body. This means you actually only stop smoking for the first 3 days. Three days is not that bad. After that it is your hands that is bored – not your body asking for nicotine.

Thanks MADS.

Ill be up for that for sure - why the 25th though? Im sure my lungs, wife and my pocket will love the idea.

I'm ALL for that!!! I have STOPPED today...why wait till the 25th?? Was going to start a new Thread in 3 days time anyway to give some progress. Someone told me that it takes 72hrs (3days) for the nicotine to leave yr body. This means you actually only stop smoking for the first 3 days. Three days is not that bad. After that it is your hands that is bored – not your body asking for nicotine.

Thanks MADS.

Sorry to burst your bubble....... but..... although the nicotine leaves your body the addiction of cigarettes is so severe that you will forevever be a possible smoker. I sometimes still get the urge ..... fifteen years later to kill for a cigarette. Those moments are now verrrry far and few between but the urge is still there.

One thing as well...... as you were a ex-smoker..... that is if you succeed...... you will hate the filthy habits of smokers..... you will become a vehement anti smoker and have to learn to handle the arrogant behaviour patterns of smokers.

I smoked for 9years and then just one day decided I was going to quit.......

I stopped right there and haven't touched a siggy again.

The big thing is. You must WANT to stop.....

If keep saying that you want to stop but don't mean it then its of no use.

Put your money where your mouth is and just Quit.

You'll be grumpy for 2 weeks and then it gets better. believe me the first 2 weeks is the worst......

If you get to 3 months then you are over the hill and if you ever start again after that its because of your lack of self control.

Sorry to burst your bubble....... but..... although the nicotine leaves your body the addiction of cigarettes is so severe that you will forevever be a possible smoker. I sometimes still get the urge ..... fifteen years later to kill for a cigarette. Those moments are now verrrry far and few between but the urge is still there.

One thing as well...... as you were a ex-smoker..... that is if you succeed...... you will hate the filthy habits of smokers..... you will become a vehement anti smoker and have to learn to handle the arrogant behaviour patterns of smokers.

I wouldnt say that would be the same for everyone though. Would it?

I got a bit carried away with my campaign.

I should have just focussed on the issue.

Its clear to me that I have broken the forum rules.

I apologize.

I got a bit carried away with my campaign.

I should have just focussed on the issue.

Its clear to me that I have broken the forum rules.

I apologize.

We just need to embrace everyone and all their vices. The more you force people the more the will rebel, its human nature.