Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

I'm ALL for that!!! I have STOPPED today...why wait till the 25th?? Was going to start a new Thread in 3 days time anyway to give some progress. Someone told me that it takes 72hrs (3days) for the nicotine to leave yr body. This means you actually only stop smoking for the first 3 days. Three days is not that bad. After that it is your hands that is bored – not your body asking for nicotine.

Thanks MADS.

Way to go DMC007! Making that 1st step is halve the battle won. Will join you from Sunday. C'mon who else?!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a bit carried away with my campaign.

I should have just focussed on the issue.

Its clear to me that I have broken the forum rules.

I apologize.

Great one Coppi!! respect.

I apologize.

Welcome back Heart Man. Maybe after reading some of your comments made me realize I needed to stop the bad habit.

Sorry to burst your bubble....... but..... although the nicotine leaves your body the addiction of cigarettes is so severe that you will forevever be a possible smoker. I sometimes still get the urge ..... fifteen years later to kill for a cigarette. Those moments are now verrrry far and few between but the urge is still there.

One thing as well...... as you were a ex-smoker..... that is if you succeed...... you will hate the filthy habits of smokers..... you will become a vehement anti smoker and have to learn to handle the arrogant behaviour patterns of smokers.

On the rare occasion I have to agree with oom H......

5years on and i still get the urge to light up every now and then.......

The smell of a freshly lit cigarette is just so nice to smell from time to time.....

I apologize.

I saw that the thread was getting a bit heated, but I obviously missed the fireworks.

HeartCoppi, I have no idea what you said, but everyone makes a mistake now and then (all the Hubbers nod in agreement) and at the very least you have the decency to apologise.

There is no use puffing about it now. It is like when smoke gets in your eyes. :)

Way to go DMC007! Making that 1st step is halve the battle won. Will join you from Sunday. C'mon who else?!

i stopped on the 1st already :)

Man, now I missed another smoking thread! :angry:

I've quit recently (in an attempt to get my average heart rate down, which didn't work but that's a story for another day...). You need to see things for what they are. 1 – You are addicted to nicotine, and 2 – You are in the habit of smoking. Meaning, if you haven’t smoked for a while you start craving cigarettes, that’s the nicotine addiction, and smoking after dinner or just after you lit up the braai, that’s the habit. I found the habit part being harder to “beat” than the craving. You need to know that the craving will go away eventually and that getting yourself out of the habit is purely based on choice. I had a cigarette with me for the first week or so after quitting giving myself the choice to smoke if I needed to. Every time I wanted a cigarette I had the “choice” to leave my desk, go outside and light up but just decided not to. “I still have the cigarette. I can still smoke later if I need to”. Sounds dumb, I know, but it worked for me... You need to realise that you don’t have to smoke, nothing will happen to you if you don’t.

I don’t know why I gave you this “lecture” now, but I took the time to type it so I may as well post it... :P

I'm ALL for that!!! I have STOPPED today...why wait till the 25th?? Was going to start a new Thread in 3 days time anyway to give some progress. Someone told me that it takes 72hrs (3days) for the nicotine to leave yr body. This means you actually only stop smoking for the first 3 days. Three days is not that bad. After that it is your hands that is bored – not your body asking for nicotine.

Thanks MADS.

DMC007 - good luck! keep us posted (it will keep your hands busy)

Welcome back Heart Man. Maybe after reading some of your comments made me realize I needed to stop the bad habit.

So he has achieved something ;)

DMC, I agree, why the need to wait till the 25th. ?

Gotta love googleads. Look what being advertised on the left of the screen:

eClgarette Quality Items

Starter Kits From R280 Best Prices Refill Liquid From R50 Best Quality

www.easycigarette.co.za

I smoked for 9years and then just one day decided I was going to quit.......

I stopped right there and haven't touched a siggy again.

The big thing is. You must WANT to stop.....

If keep saying that you want to stop but don't mean it then its of no use.

Put your money where your mouth is and just Quit.

You'll be grumpy for 2 weeks and then it gets better. believe me the first 2 weeks is the worst......

If you get to 3 months then you are over the hill and if you ever start again after that its because of your lack of self control.

Agree 100%. I smoked for 12 years, and then one day decided that I wanted to stop. 5 years on and have no urge to start again. It's all about you though, nobody else is going to make you stop, no matter how much they try.

...check out my signature dude!!

Good luck to all who have decided to quit! It really does get better after a couple of weeks. If you can stick it out for 3 - 4 weeks, you eventually get to a stage where you no longer feel like murdering somebody just to get a few puffs on their cigarette.

...check out my signature dude!!

http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/camilla_keerl/emoticon_hands_clapping.gif

Well done mate.

Let's see if Covie, Knersus and others can take up your challenge.

DMC007

CRACK

HELLOISE

NOBBYMECH

That is 4 of us so far! Good choise and good luck.

I did quit for 2 years before. Was not as hard as I thought. So stupid to start again. :angry: This time... :D