Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

BTW, I'm now hooked on jellytots :lol:

Yes but note that jellytots are easier to quit :D And at the right time it will be easy..

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully another day of not smoking for you Crack?

Just havin my mornin cuppa, I'm missing something with it though. Damn this is hard. Going riding in an hour or so, so should be fine I think. Firm in the knowledge im gonna be king of the hill today.

I smoked for 9years and then just one day decided I was going to quit.......

I stopped right there and haven't touched a siggy again.

The big thing is. You must WANT to stop.....

If keep saying that you want to stop but don't mean it then its of no use.

Put your money where your mouth is and just Quit.

You'll be grumpy for 2 weeks and then it gets better. believe me the first 2 weeks is the worst......

If you get to 3 months then you are over the hill and if you ever start again after that its because of your lack of self control.

You are 100% correct; I smoked for about 15 years and then decided enough. First two weeks where hell but after that it got easier, drank allot of water and avoided stuff that had caffeine. Get past the first 3 months and you are set. Been 2 ½ years now and won’t go back, must say can’t remember when last I had a craving.

Your life changes for the better when you quite

Just havin my mornin cuppa, I'm missing something with it though. Damn this is hard. Going riding in an hour or so, so should be fine I think. Firm in the knowledge im gonna be king of the hill today.

Crack

im rooting for you. keep it up!! the reward is well worth the suffering.

I smoked for 18 years and stopped immediately after attending one of Allen Carr's Easyway clinics at the Balalaika in Sandton. This was 5 years ago. Whenever I got the urge after that, I recalled the coughing and wheezing after even doing mild exercise - let alone trying to do a decent ride! Those urges do come back very occassionally - especially when having a couple of beers - but then I just have to look at the smokers having to go and stand outside in wind and rain, and I am thankful that I made the choice.

The other motivator that used to work for me was to ask the question: "What can a cigarette possibly do for me right now?" The answer is, of course, "Absolutely Nothing!"

Still doing ok :angry: , not killed anyone yet. Also had a great ride yesterday :) . Today I've lost my voice almost, not sure why? :(

Still doing ok :angry: , not killed anyone yet. Also had a great ride yesterday :) . Today I've lost my voice almost, not sure why? :(

too much boozing does that :D