Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

Haven't had a smoke in 14 years. Still crave now and again.

My mantra is "never again not even one puff". If I have one puff I will be back to a pack a day within a week.

I have read that people who have managed to quit need to accept that we are addicts and always will be and just one casual puff could set us off on the wrong track again. Tomrrow I am visiting smoking friends and its going to be so much fun to sit inside in a smokey room with 4 or 5 other smokers! I will feel no urge to smoke of that I am sure!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checking in for my 2 week key-ring.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1333548/you-can-do-it-o.gif

Thx to getting back on the bike...I quit smoking 9 days ago after smoking for 10years....no urges no bad moods... best of all no burning lungs while on the bike :clap:

Lungs healed in 9 days???

• 3 weeks later...

Today a year ago i decided to stop smoking, As hard as it has been , especially seen as my wife still smokes i am extremely proud to say that in this year I haven't even had a single drag, no cutting down / weaning off, no gum nor patches, just cold turkey after smoking for 15 years.

Today a year ago i decided to stop smoking, As hard as it has been , especially seen as my wife still smokes i am extremely proud to say that in this year I haven't even had a single drag, no cutting down / weaning off, no gum nor patches, just cold turkey after smoking for 15 years.

also quit cold turkey two and half years ago, also after 15 years! the best thing i could have ever done, besides not starting in the first place!!

Allen Carr - Easyway is the only thing that stopped me smoking. I tried the patch, gum, spray, smokenders and nothing worked. Do the course or read the book.

also did the allen carr thing!

• 3 weeks later...

also did the allen carr thing!

Snap! My doc was the one who told me to read the book and if it didnt work then he would consider the medication route, I haven't seen my doc since that day, about 2 years ago... :clap:

• 1 month later...

How you guys holding out? I quit for four months anf then relapsed for two weeks. On day two again today. Stay strong quitters!

coming up on my 2 year anniversary :clap: :clap:

if I can do it anyone can.

stay strong Pieter :thumbup:

How you guys holding out? I quit for four months anf then relapsed for two weeks. On day two again today. Stay strong quitters!

I'm on 8 months now. Craving have been horrible lately as life has been hard, but not giving in for anything.