Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 years +- since I lit a cigarette. I used the ecigs to quit and that will be the next thing to go. 

Even if it is the better option it still puts nicotine into my system that ramps up my heart rate too much. I'm very sensitive to nic. 

That is the next challenge over the next few weeks. 

I have been vaping for almost 6years now

Feel alot better than I did when smoking when cycling and during the day

I need to kick that habit but it almost feels more difficult than quiting smoking

I need to kick that habit but it almost feels more difficult than quiting smoking

My overall health improved so much with vaping. I believe it saved me from early heart problems or worse. 

You do have a point there. It kinda feels more difficult. It definitely isn't from a physical point of view since nicotine itself isn't the most addictive substance on it's own. Cigarette companies add additional chemicals to enhance the effectiveness of nicotine which makes it more addictive. Vaping doesnt have that. 

Maybe it is just a harder psychological barrier to break.

I bought one of those vapes last year...they are great little things...great smelling smoke...acceptable in a lot of social situations....can even nip into a shopping centre loo for a quick puff! My boss used one in the factory so I took a chance and did the same.... :devil: 

BUT because it was so nice I found myself smoking more and more on the vape AND still on the ciggies...

This is the ONLY time EVER I will thank the ANC for something....banning smokes and helping me quit 2 months ago!

Well done guys. I could never get used to the vape thing. To me it looks odd and it made me cough a poef house full after one drag.

I am now on 2 months had a packet of this imported for the first month whenever I had a craving I just had to look at that. At end of the first month I gave it away "bribing" security at my complex

Brilliant...keep going the worst is far behind you. 

dont give in to temptation, stay strong. 

My overall health improved so much with vaping. I believe it saved me from early heart problems or worse. 

You do have a point there. It kinda feels more difficult. It definitely isn't from a physical point of view since nicotine itself isn't the most addictive substance on it's own. Cigarette companies add additional chemicals to enhance the effectiveness of nicotine which makes it more addictive. Vaping doesnt have that. 

Maybe it is just a harder psychological barrier to break.

Psychological barrier and its sort of become a hobby

Are you Johan btw? use to be Sir Maxxis?

Psychological barrier and its sort of become a hobby

Are you Johan btw? use to be Sir Maxxis?

That is me indeed. Took a leave of absence from the forum :D 

The hobby part is very real. I turned that hobby into a full blown vape shop. Sold my shop in 2018 though. 

Just stopped smoking about a year ago and never craved a smoke since.strangely easy.

Cannot stand that vaping.it makes me cough if someone does it in the same room as me.Never been tempted to try it

• 10 months later...

Anyone else using the lockdown period to quit the smokes? I'm on day 2 now...cold chicken....

Was offered a pack of Swahil (or some sketchy brand) when I went to the shops the other day...

Was a bit weird, the guy had a long jacket on and whistled for me, when I looked his way he opened up the jacket and had packets of smokes in there! I though he was going to flash me or something dodgy!

Anyway, R50 for a packet of  crappy dry smokes!

Time to try and quit...

Again...!

Lol...thought it was about a year...

Sort of forgot/not forgot about smoking over the last 365 odd days. 

Having a smoking friend get a stent earlier this year also helped keep me smoke free...

Stupidly, and sadly he still smokes though... :thumbdown: 

On to Year Two....

Smoked for 10 years from age 17 to 27. Stopped through vaping and still vape to this day 4 years later. More of a hobby now than anything else as the nicotine content in my juices are so low. Never crave nicotine anymore.

Feel great and performance on the bike has improved ten fold. Never feel anything wrong with my chest. Most of my cycling mates do not know I am an ex-smoker.

Smoked for 10 years from age 17 to 27. Stopped through vaping and still vape to this day 4 years later. More of a hobby now than anything else as the nicotine content in my juices are so low. Never crave nicotine anymore.

Feel great and performance on the bike has improved ten fold. Never feel anything wrong with my chest. Most of my cycling mates do not know I am an ex-smoker.

Dont you find that the vape gives you a runny nose all the time though? That was my experience....

They do smell nice though!