road tyres for 29er

markgc

A 29er rim is the same diameter as a road rim, so any road tyre could technically fit on a 29er rim. Since the rim is wider though, its advisable to go for a wide tyre greater than 28mm. I've got 37mm Continental TravelContacts on my bike.

Cyclocross tyres, if you can get them are also a good option.

NO need to go roadie route. SECA make a 29er slick (available from any decent bike shop...but in case they dont know tell them to speak to TWT). Or...PM me ! lol

NO need to go roadie route. SECA make a 29er slick (available from any decent bike shop...but in case they dont know tell them to speak to TWT). Or...PM me ! lol

I think you mean Serfas. SECA is the model of tyre that Serfas makes.

I did a search and can only find a Serfas Seca in 700x23 and 700x25.Do you have a link to 29er slick?

I did a search and can only find a Serfas Seca in 700x23 and 700x25.Do you have a link to 29er slick?

Also had a look at their website. All I could find were hybrid tyres and cyclo cross tyres. To market a tyre as a 29er slick would be pretty damn stupid. Any road tyre is effectively a 29er slick.

A 29er rim is 700c, aka a Road Wheel/Cyclocross wheel. Pretty much anything will fit, theres a million and one cheap touring tires you can put on there.

Also had a look at their website. All I could find were hybrid tyres and cyclo cross tyres. To market a tyre as a 29er slick would be pretty damn stupid. Any road tyre is effectively a 29er slick.

That's why i had a look for it,i wanted to see what is different to a normal 700X28.

A 29er rim is 700c, aka a Road Wheel/Cyclocross wheel. Pretty much anything will fit, theres a million and one cheap touring tires you can put on there.

The 29er rim as a little wider than most road rims so a 23 or 25mm tyre might not fit properly.