Tokai Mast to Hout Bay

Iwan Kemp

Looking at Google Earth there seems to be, what I presume to be, a hiking trail that later on link to a Jeep track. So, will it be possible to down there on my AM rig then pedal around to Hout Bay?

Sounds like a lot of fun - Hout Bay always looks so cute and little down there and you just want to pedal on over, but aren't those trails off limits to bikes?

I think that's the Hoerikwigga trail you're looking at-VERY off limits to bikers! Pity cos it is rideable but quite busy and a hefty fine coming your way if you're bust!

I like those odds!

ja it's very do-able. Tip: go on a realllly horrid weather day and during the week. Very little chance of crossing paths with anyone. Weekend, nice day, not so good.

there's a couple of other places you can get to from Tokai as well. Google Earth is your friend. Good luck, have fun.

I like those odds!

Put your full face helmet on Crow, they'll never know its you! And er, maybe go with more ordinary bike than your green mamba. :D

hmmmmm, there are lots of trails down there to houtbay, wouldnt mind a ride down one of them cant pain and shine organise a trail????