Shimano Custom fit

Iron

Got a pair of new shoes i want to have " custom fitted" , anyone know who has a shimano custom fit kit to do this , or should i just chuck them in the microwave and see what happens :lol:

Edited by Iron

HI Andy

You need the following:

A tough plastic bag, something thick.

A strong vacuum cleaner a 2000w plus, with a pipe connection.

A piece of nylon ski rope.

Thick elastic

Method:

RTFM

for times and temp etc.

Once you have baked the shoe,

place it on your foot, its normally warm so be careful, wrap the ski rope around your shoe loosely, then leave a portion trailing up your calve.

Put your foot, warm shoe, into the plastic bag try create a seal around your ankle with the elastic.

Pull the rope trail into the vacuum and turn it on.

The vacuum should suck all the air out of the bag via the rope. A real good snug fit can be felt. Make sure you stand in a natural position.

Thats the back yard technique... I used it for my custom fits and works great, I since did it with a proper kit a vacuum pump, no difference in feel.

No chance I would stick my new skoens in the oven boet...

Then besides the DIY way above know any shops that have a Shimano oven where i can get it done.Or i should just ride with them on in the heat wave :P

Then besides the DIY way above know any shops that have a Shimano oven where i can get it done.Or i should just ride with them on in the heat wave :P

Go to Cycle lab william nicol it costs R180.

I had my shoes done there are they fit like a glove now.

Edited by Lukep

[/quote

Check this out..http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/SI/Shoes/SI_0039A_002/SI-0039A-002-ENG_v1_m56577569830621069.pdf

Thanks , got it . the process is easy just need the vacuum bag . as said, found where to do it so will get them sorted soon .

Thanks , got it . the process is easy just need the vacuum bag . as said, found where to do it so will get them sorted soon .

Who locally can do it then?

Who locally can do it then?

Shimano directly can help on condition the shoes are bought in SA,

Shimano directly can help on condition the shoes are bought in SA,

AAh so imports require an oven...

yip , Shimano have a oven specific to their product , its quite cool . what im not sure of is if a shop sells the Custom fit shoes do the need to buy a " oven " from shimano or will shimano supply them one and educate the shop on the fitment process ? seems that not everyone who is buying the Custom fit range is actually getting it done.

Fortunately they are only a SS ride away for you.. Sounds like a great system. Would be interested to hear if they feel like slippers after being cooked for your feet..

Hi - Where can one buy the Shimano custom fit shoes in Cape Town ?

Most shops that are shimano agents will have or be able to get , otherwise buy online at Buycycle ( they local )