Giant Anthem X1 29er vs Trek Superfly 100 Aluminium Elite

pawpaw

Yet another bike selection question from me.....

Looking for all the advice I can get before making a final decision and spending my hard earned money

Narrowed it down to these 2 bikes and need assistance to make the final decision.

Looking for all the advice I can get before making a final decision and spending my hard earned money

Narrowed it down to these 2 bikes and need assistance to make the final decision.

Horrible choice to have to make!

I am on a Gary Fisher, so should favour the Trek, BUT I think the Athem is the one to have!

Horrible choice to have to make!

I am on a Gary Fisher, so should favour the Trek, BUT I think the Athem is the one to have!

This is the first time I have heard a GF rider saying go for another bike.

Why do you recon the anthem is better?

Edited by Lukep

Also biased here

Fisher, the anthem probably makes more sense on paper, but go with the bike you want.

Also biased here

Fisher, the anthem probably makes more sense on paper, but go with the bike you want.

Rouxtjie here riders the hi fi pro, but he throws it around like a rag doll, klapped it on the single track at 3 towers.

I have always ridden Treks. Just love the geometry. Anthems are lovely bikes, but when I sit on my mate's Anthem X, justt feels too upright for me. So I would stick to the superfly.

This is the first time I have heard a GF rider saying go for another bike.

Why do you recon the anthem is better?

Number of reasons:

The Trek should be carbon - like my Fisher

The Athem has a more aggressive geometry and the one I rode was nicely dialled in from the go.

Personally the Anthem looks a little better, paint, detailing, etc

Maybe I just miss Gary and I'm not happy with the Trek influence - my road bike is a Trek by the way, so I should be biased and I am to an extent, but I always keep an open mind, coz there will and always be better and better toys around as the years roll on.

Can't wait for all the manufacturer's to settle down with their line-up's across 26/29/the next big thing...and then go shopping!

Edited by BigToe

I have always ridden Treks. Just love the geometry. Anthems are lovely bikes, but when I sit on my mate's Anthem X, justt feels too upright for me. So I would stick to the superfly.

Must be down to the way the guy has his Anthem set up as they have the same HA and the Anthem's HT is actually shorter.

I would go for the Anthem.

• Sorted Geo
  • Great suspension design
  • Lifetime warranty on frame
  • Great value for money

Must admit, I'm not sure what the Superfly goes for.

Rouxtjie here riders the hi fi pro, but he throws it around like a rag doll, klapped it on the single track at 3 towers.

Yes...it is very chuckable and good fun, but I find my front end a bit skittish...this past weekend was one of the few times I had both front and back wheels slide into a corner...gave me a slight pucker and then on we went!

Says the man that also looied the bush tunnels to the point where I starting getting scared sitting behind him. I would have loved to ride those tunnels on your fuel ex...damn that bike just chomps up singletrack.

OK back to OP...lets make it really tough, why not a scott?

Try and test ride each bike (in the correct size) and choose the one you like best.

The geometry of a certain bike doesnt suit everyone, so perhaps choose the bike by geometry and not brand.

Sometimes getting measured up properly before hand (something like Ergofit) can help you choose.

What fork do you have on there? Time to dial in some high speed compression I'd say

The ever reliable Fox 32 FL - I'll play with the compression and see where it's at.