So apparently Whistler is 2 hours drive away from Vancouver, BC...

RodTi

Have an option to attend a conference in Vancouver mid-July next year...

Or rather - I've been invited, so must simply accept...

I'm thinking it should be a no-brainer?

Finish up with work, mosey on down, rent a bike and die happy?

Figure I will start something here, planning the trip etc.

I remember an extensive thread a few years back of a lucky Hubber/bugger that hit the trails on his XC Santa Cruz(?) - details are fuzzy, will do the search etc. in due course - but any other Hubbers who have been recently?

thumbup1.gif

A colleague of mine recently did bcbikerace - google it. Awesome trails.

He mentioned one section of singletrack was 38km long!

A colleague of mine recently did bcbikerace - google it. Awesome trails.

He mentioned one section of singletrack was 38km long!

biggrin.gif

hang on, wasnt Mr Google going to do it ?

Roons, I think he was planing on riding the transrocky ....

• 2 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to do some snowboarding there before I got into mtb......'96. But a buddy has emigrated to Vancouver and rides Whistler every couple weeks, says it blew his mind. I'll ask if I can post his details for you to contact him.

• 3 months later...

I was lucky enough to do some snowboarding there before I got into mtb......'96. But a buddy has emigrated to Vancouver and rides Whistler every couple weeks, says it blew his mind. I'll ask if I can post his details for you to contact him.

That would be useful - could I ask you to push that button for me?

Looks like I will be taking the train up to Whislter on the Saturday - plan on getting some riding in on Sunday & Monday, before heading back to Vancouver on the Tuesday for my flight back...

My sister & family are emigrating to Vancouver this year, that will be my next trip overseas. I can't wait :clap:

• 4 months later...

20 mins away from a half-day lesson in the Bike Park.

To say I'm a tad nervous/excited would be an understatement.

It be raining.

They looked at me like I was daft when I asked the flats to be swopped out for SPDs... They had to go and look in the back to find a pair. I wish I had the option to run the flats, but rocket-scientist over here left his skate-shoes in the other suitcase, in Vancouver...

Will pop something up here when I'm back.

Wow. That was amazing.

I am still buzzing. Hands have the claw.

2012 Giant Glory 8" - what a beast.

Where's tha pikshas?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude. I'm kicking myself... Left the iPhone in the bag locker down at the rentals place... Lady from Sydney took a few of us, and offered to email them to us - assuming she remembers my email addy, I'lll at least have those.

I cannot begin to describe how amazingly beautiful those lift rides are up to the top... My only consolation is that after a week of good weather, I presumably brought the bad stuff to Whistler... It was raining periodically throughout the day, misty and overcast - so at least the I wasn't faced with stunning vistas and no camera!

As for the trails - time is so limited, you try and get up and down as quickly as possible, to get maximum rides in (takes about 30 minutes to go down, get back up, and hit it again) - so figured I wasn't going to be stopping to be taking pics - but really wish I had it on the lifts up... :(

Took a video of these nutters coming down - but fear it's way too big to pop up here...

post-1360-0-47087700-1343019317.jpg

This is NOT the kind of thing I like to read first thing on a bloody Monday morning before I've had coffee! Disgusting of you to force it on the poor working people!