[Event] The Sabie Experience 2011

Tim_Fair

so glad that i'm on a rigid SS. a bit of soap and water and ready to go again. see you there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I end up coming home after Sabie and having to strip down my whole bike to get the red mud out of it. Apart from the event costing me a fortune afterwards to get my bike ready again, it ends up on the bike stand for about a week during the time I really want to ride my bike, ie holiday time.

I love this event, but every year its smack bang in the middle of the rainy season.

Sani 2 C adjusted and is now run in May. Hopefully Sabie X can get a better time slot in future.

After trashing my bike at 5 X muddy Sabie Xs I got tired of the repair bills and stopped going to this event. It is a pity as it was my first multi day event (2004) and I think the format and area are fantastic.

I'm supposed to do the lite. Only started riding this week since tearing my achilles 7 weeks ago(partial tear) :rolleyes: . Moon boot only came off last week. Hope I will be ready in time. Planning to try day 1 and decide from there whether to continue or not.

If I only do day 1 it will be the most expensive 21km ride ever

Heard from Max this morning that in the last 2 weeks he's seen about 2 days of sunshine... <_< but we knew this... it's Sabie!

I will be there, love riding in Sabie and I don't mind a bit of rain. Just not 4 days of rain and mud please!! :thumbdown:

Just a question to you guys? I don't really know how well my tires will deal with the rain and wet conditions. I am not looking for the best out there, just will it be impossible to ride with them?

I ride a 29er and have the Kenda small blocks eight on. They are still new so don't want to go and buy new tires if they will be fine?

Have heard that same story from everyone I've chatted to MorewoodMad... Luckily I'll be in Plett the day after, will have to find a good bike shop to help me out down there :P

We are also in Plett. Lovely riding there.

Send me a pm with your contact details we are planning some nice rides.

Heard from Max this morning that in the last 2 weeks he's seen about 2 days of sunshine... <_< but we knew this... it's Sabie!

Correct. VERRRRRY little sunshine.

Really hope the rain gives us a chance this year.

Like last year - perfect "dry" conditions with the exception of a thunderstorm on day 3.

It's like the roadies asking for a windless Argus

I'm in. Riding with my dad as my partner :)

Man thats cool... you guyd don't realise how we (Dads) appreciate and enjoy riding with you guys. I am also one of the privilaged ones to be riding with my son... What cat are you.. we have to race JV I think it is. Staying at Merry Pebbles. We should meet around the pool and share war stories. Have a blast and never mind the weather as long as your together,,,

so glad that i'm on a rigid SS. a bit of soap and water and ready to go again. see you there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JC, look forward to seeing you there. Meet at the pool and lets have a chat.We staying at Merry Pebbles...n you?

JC, look forward to seeing you there. Meet at the pool and lets have a chat.We staying at Merry Pebbles...n you?

We are staying at Sabie River Camp, will definitely pop past and say hi...

I will be there, love riding in Sabie and I don't mind a bit of rain. Just not 4 days of rain and mud please!! :thumbdown:

Just a question to you guys? I don't really know how well my tires will deal with the rain and wet conditions. I am not looking for the best out there, just will it be impossible to ride with them?

I ride a 29er and have the Kenda small blocks eight on. They are still new so don't want to go and buy new tires if they will be fine?

With small block 8's you are going to have some fun, I would change them for something like Kenda Karma's if you want to stay with Kenda or Maxxis crossmarks or conti mountain kings, it will handle the wet stuff and mud a lot better