Cape Storm Return Policy

cyclingfan

My friend bought me a Cape Storm cycling shorts in JHB yesterday and unfortunately they do not

fit. I E-Mailed Cape Storm asking what there return policy is and this is what they replied. So please

make sure you buy the right thing because taking it back is a no-no. So now I own a very nice cycling

short wich a lot of people rant and rave about but I can not comment on the quality.

"Capestorm does not offer Exchange or Refunds on Sale items, This policy is written on proof of purchase.

Please advise whether I can assist you further.

Kind regards,"

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm pretty sure most cycle shops would not want to exchange cycling shorts whether they were on sale or not ... :lol:

The key word there is sale items. I bought a new pair of cycling shorts during the Cape Storm sale, and I specifically went to the warehouse because of this. They are busy getting rid of the year end stock so they can bring in the stock for the new year and limited sizes are available. You can't really expect them to return sale items. Its a completely different story on the non-sale items.

this seem to apply to goods on sale, or are you saying this is the overall policy? its not disimilar to other retailers policies? i also shudder at the thought of buying cycling pants possibly worne and returned by somebody else :eek:

I would think in terms of the new Consumer Protection Act (CPA) they cannot refuse you to take it back. No matter if it is a sale item or not.

I could easily be wrong but that is what I understood when I read through the CPA. As long as you have got the slip, you now have the right to return the product.

Maybe someone else who has a deeper understanding of the CPA would be able to shed more on this...

Sell it on the Hub! And if the buyer wants to exchange it for a different size, just tell him to get lost as it was a SALE item!

My friend bought me a Cape Storm cycling shorts in JHB yesterday and unfortunately they do not

fit. I E-Mailed Cape Storm asking what there return policy is and this is what they replied. So please

make sure you buy the right thing because taking it back is a no-no. So now I own a very nice cycling

short wich a lot of people rant and rave about but I can not comment on the quality.

"Capestorm does not offer Exchange or Refunds on Sale items, This policy is written on proof of purchase.

Kind regards,"

I'm sure if you ask around somebody (your cycling buddies) will take them off your hands at a good price. Not all is lost. :rolleyes:

Kind regards,"

If that is the email in context, then it's downright rude and Cape Storm go down a notch. Good gear or not, that is no way to communicate with customers.

Sounds like someone needs a kick in the pants yabbies or more politely, some training.

I did not even see the short yet still with my friend but she has the same built as me and hers does not fit so mine will also not fit!!!!!

Kind regards,"

If that is the email in context, then it's downright rude and Cape Storm go down a notch. Good gear or not, that is no way to communicate with customers.

Sounds like someone needs a kick in the pants yabbies or more politely, some training.

How is that reply rude? Go and #uck yourself we aren't taking the shorts back - now thats rude !

Edited by Puncher

Hello "Cyclingfan",

Please could you PM me your contact details. We would like to sort this matter out for you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Nelia

021 761 2021

I would think in terms of the new Consumer Protection Act (CPA) they cannot refuse you to take it back. No matter if it is a sale item or not.

In this case, the CPA would only cover items that are faulty or if they don't meet the requirements you gave them at the time of sale.

It does not cover you if you want to return the item because you don't like it or you made a mistake.

@Capestorm: That's the way. Step up to the plate. Just gone up a few notches.

Oh, and @Puncher: Rude and abusive. Or just plain rude. Or rude and offensive. Google. Sending a customer something like that is rude, as it shows a lack of concern for the customer. (Even though the customer may not know his jean pant from his cycling pant, which his girlfriend still has anyway) ;)

as ek die storie reg verstaan: you buy a sale item and dont have a refund or exhange policy, so pay full price and you have???