Polar S- series

The Bike Vendor

I was wondering why people are currently asking so much for the OLD Polar's... The S- series was the best ever made, but surely the price must drop down as the product is old?

Every where people are overcharging these old monitors. I remember TWO years ago, just before I stopped cycling. I picked up a Polar S725x (the carbon one), for R900 including strap, cad sensor and speed sensor. Now I see the S720 and S625 are sold for R2000 + ...

What's with that?

Was that 2nd hand?

I paid R2500 for my S720i (new) about 3 years ago.

Didn't come with a cadence sensor, so depending on how old the Polar and what's included in the package, the price may be fair.

Its no just the Polar HRM its Garmins as well. I got a Garmin Forerunner 305 second hand for R1500. Its been discontinued, but just before being discontinued it could be bought at R1800 new! I saw earlier this week a model offered for R2500!! A bit crazy for me. If you shop around, there are plenty of good deals available

No the ones I'm talking about are 2nd hand for R2000+ that's wrong :thumbdown: The S725x I got was also 2nd hand, that's a good price!

You were just very lucky to get it at that price.

Just remember that most are sold with extra cadence and speed sensors.

I love mine and have no reason to get rid of it :D

Well it is the best one ever made so no need to sell it :thumbup:

It's just like, I had an Uno Fire 1996 model, that car was great! No problems and light on fuel, etc. To me it's as good as a R40 000 car, it's worth R10K - R18K. Crashed her and insurance paid out R13k :( Got an Mazda Etude now :clap:

Get what I mean :P

+2 - EM and I each have one. It even picks up our feeble hearts

Edited by eccentric1

Well it is the best one ever made so no need to sell it :thumbup:

It's just like, I had an Uno Fire 1996 model, that car was great! No problems and light on fuel, etc. To me it's as good as a R40 000 car, it's worth R10K - R18K. Crashed her and insurance paid out R13k :( Got an Mazda Etude now :clap:

Get what I mean :P

What Etude,sedan or hatch?

I had the 1800 hatch a few years back and loved it.

What Etude,sedan or hatch?

I had the 1800 hatch a few years back and loved it.

1600 Sedan :thumbup: 2001... Like new! I'm the 2nd owner, the previous owner started to go blind and stopped using it in 2004 or 2005. It was standing for 6 years and they decided to sell it! Had 96 000km on and got it for R27K 5 months ago :thumbup: :clap: Great cars!

I love my S710, but my company laptop is getting upgraded to Windows 7, as we speak and my home PC needs ann upgrade too.

S710 and Windows 7 not compatible, so need to upgrade to a new Polar, real pity!!!

I recon some of the guys are comparing it to what is available now with the same features.

That is pretty much the RX 800 which sells new for 4k - half price cause its 2nd hand = R 2000.

I guess that is how they figure it - doesnt make right, but the seller prob wants to upgrade so he needs the cash?

I bought mine new for R 2300.00 - 3 years ago and its still going strong.

I would guess - 2nd hand + all accesories - reasonable price would be R 1200.00