Who has seen the new Ride Mag yet

Big H*

Mine arrived here in Nigeria on the IPad earlier today after a perilous journey under the sea caught in a glass cable and chased along by pulses of light. I was reading it, but quickly became oratory to share this. Ah, the wonders of our time. How priviledged we are to experience this.

Edited by eccentric1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing nicer than lying in bed with your magazine. Reading it on a laptop (or iPad) is just not the same. This is where technology fails us I am affraid.

There is nothing nicer than lying in bed with your magazine. Reading it on a laptop (or iPad) is just not the same. This is where technology fails us I am affraid.

For starters you can save tree, not that it really matters to the uninformed and in a country that does not even have a postal service reading at least some fresh local news is always good.

But then those of you ensconced in your glass and ivory towers will not understand that even if you read filth like Playboy.

with an ipad i'd be too concerned about it falling off the top of the cistern into the bowl :D

For starters you can save tree, not that it really matters to the uninformed and in a country that does not even have a postal service reading at least some fresh local news is always good.

But then those of you ensconced in your glass and ivory towers will not understand that even if you read filth like Playboy.

You quote my post but refer to other comments made, so i assume your response is directed at me.

Firstly....I do not read Playboy,

Secondly.....Most magazines are printed on paper that is sourced from sustainable forrest plantations.

Thirdly....Referring to me as uninformed is an insult

Fourthly..I have yet to be failed by out postal system, maybe you have. Every copy of every magazine that I have ever subscribed to has reached my postbox on time.

Fifthly...I do not live in a glass or an ivory tower and I am quite aware of enviromental issues

For me it's having less clutter in my house to deal with. Once I read an e-mag I file it away. I can search for things with finder. Magazines just collect dust.

Nothing better than a good mag and a good crap . . .

Yeah!! AND if you just happen to run out of loo paper...youi can always tear out a page...try THAT with an Ipad??? :blink:

I get some mags on the ipad but it's not the same a tearing off the plastic wrapper and smelling the printing ink. ;)

Sorry, I don't read South African magazines. Even the Playboy is crap.

BTW What Mountain Bike and Mountain Bike UK are also available on Zinio

I am waiting for them to perfect the electronic transmission of my free gift before I subscribe :thumbup:

Nothing better than a good mag and a good crap . . .

Never understood the need to dwell in a loo and read a mag.Sis :thumbdown:

Drop and go........

I get some mags on the ipad but it's not the same a tearing off the plastic wrapper and smelling the printing ink. ;)

Hopefully it's not the Tread mag. That thing stinks.

I don't fall for the "save a tree" thing anymore. At least not in this country of ours. Did a project recently regarding plantation and sawmill competition in the lowveld. The farming of hard and soft woods is a huge business. The planning and effective use of plantations is an exact science. These guys want you to use as much paper as possible.