Ladies Specific 29er?

DB28

Does anybody know of a ladies specific 29er bike that is sold in SA? otherwise any other 29er at a reasonable (cheap) suitable for a lady?

Specialized have a ladies specific 29er. Its called the fate. Have a look in the website. www.specialized-sa.co.za

Might be a bit pricey. My girlfriend rides a medium Giant 29er and she is loving it. Nice and cheap

Hmmm... the specialized is nice but the bike will be needed for Joberg2C race i.e. marathon racing, so not such an aggressive frame/geometry is needed. Maybe best bet is a very small frame with short stem then... any other ideas though?

Hey boet. Look at the Jett. Its also ladies specific but for more relaxed riding. It still says xc geometry though. However its for trail riding.

• 1 year later...

Been looking at the Giant Anthem 29er W which has been getting good reviews overseas. Also at a decent price! Any thoughts?

Titan also does two ladies bikes - the Elite and Trail, but from what I've seen on these two and even on the Momsens, the ladies bikes are very much under specced - bottom end Shimano stuff with entry level (air if you're lucky) fork. I would also rather advise on a smaller sized regular bike with better components.

Fixed. wink.gif

Not sure why people bash specialized, just because they put a lot of money into marketing?

Does that automatically imply they don't put a lot of money into development? :eek:

I hate this hipster mentally developing amongst cyclists, a company of large scale is specifically the type of company that will invest into more niche market products like 29er ladies bikes. So why not let them.

Edited by avalanx