Momsen SL929 Frame Weight?

philip.maree

Any one know what the frame weight is of the Momsen SL929?

I see on their site that they have shaved 150g of the 2011 model. But what is the weight of either the 2011 or 2012 frame?

Are you always this rude?

150 grams is the difference between two identical alloy frames "off the shelf" in that price bracket. So to state that the new frame weighs 150 grams less is pure marketing.

I bought 2 WTB Laserdisc XC rims a while ago. Advertised as 425-440 grams/rim on the website.http://www.wtb.com/products/wheels/rims/xc/laserdiscxc/

They weighed in at 497 and 499 respectively. I built them up anyway. They turned out to make excellent wheels. You will notice that combined these are 150 grams off the manufacturers claim. And all this in a wheel. Lo and behold!

In what way is seeing marketing ploys rude?

Whatever. :D

Edited by Goodbadugly

150 grams is the difference between two identical alloy frames "off the shelf" in that price bracket. So to state that the new frame weighs 150 grams less is pure marketing.

I bought 2 WTB Laserdisc XC rims a while ago. Advertised as 425-440 grams/rim on the website.http://www.wtb.com/products/wheels/rims/xc/laserdiscxc/

They weighed in at 497 and 499 respectively. I built them up anyway. They turned out to make excellent wheels. You will notice that combined these are 150 grams off the manufacturers claim. And all this in a wheel. Lo and behold!

In what way is seeing marketing ploys rude?

Whatever. :D

See, if you had said all of that the first time we would all have known you misread the question completely. :D

150 grams... So are you always influenced by the marketing people?

No Tjop. Just wanted to determine what the 2011 frame weight was so if someone posted the 2012 weight I could do the math.