new saddle

lharmer

purchased a new saddle for my mtb (dual susp Gary Fisher)....bit of a newbie as to the correct "fit" The saddle is level , made of leather and cost a bit... but I cannot do more than 60km without getting really uncomfortable.... is there something out there I'm missing...have ridden about 350km on it.Old saddle had to be retired .Larry

Losts go into buying a new saddle. Can you maybe give us more info on what you had before and what saddle you currently have on your bike?

not sure what the original was.. now have a upmarket scott (I hope)do I have to wear the saddle in ?

Difficult to help then. Yeah, most saddles need some breaking in and your ass will need time to get used to the new perch. Do you perhaps have pics of the new and old saddle?

It can even be something as simple as the saddle being too far back.

I have just borrowed a Fizik Antares test saddle (was using the Arione before) and had it 5mm too far back - doing the 90Km the race in D'ville this past Saturday was extremely uncomfortable - Well rather the latter part of the race :blink:

Saturday afternoon moved it forward 5mm and it sat like a dream :D Did 110Km on it yesterday. Now just for the tender flesh to repair itself before the next installment on the bike - looks like it is going to be Thursday - busy week ahead :thumbdown:

Edit: Agree with Pieterg - have it checked out by your LBS :thumbup:

Edited by Tiny K