Zone 2 132 7.00 km 21:33 10.0 %

Zone 3 154 41.10 km 2:15:56 62.8 %

Zone 4 163 15.91 km 55:41 25.7 %

Zone 5 181 0.14 km 0:28 0.2 %

Total 153 64.41 km 3:36:20 100.0 %

I did a race yesterday with not much climbing +- 650 total Ascending

What can i "read" in this? I am 45 ,105kg, 185cm fairly fit :o

You can read that you have a heart.

First thing is are you sure your max put in is your max? That may sound silly but it will throw your zones out if it is not. Secondly your heart rate will apply to your gradient and amount of effort you are putting in at a certain time. If you are going 45kms an hour but sitting behind a group doing little work it is not worth much. If you are going up a 15% gradient by yourself and pushing it you should be in the top end of your heart rate. You really need to put the graphs together and work on that. That is the way I do it. It might right it might be wrong but it certainly tells me where I am going right and where I am going wrong.

Be keen to see what the others say.

Edited by Top Fuel

62% of the time you were in zone 3 - in other words you were loafing or thought it was a Sunday ride

What do you want to "read" in this? Not sure what you're asking.

ok sorry for being a bit vague... i got a training programme from Maryke where according to her my Max HR is 182.5 now if my avg is 83% of my max HR is this good , dangerous or what?

Not much unless you know what you are training for and wanted to achieve in the training session.

To just go and ride and not have a purpose defeats the object of training, yes there is a place for just going for a nice ride with mates and enjoying but that should at least be with some purpose.

So let's look at ur data:

The assumption is based on that u have set the correct THR and that u are using Polar Zones

Wwhere u spent most of ur time was

Zone 3 is Aerobic Stamina

Zone 4 is Aerobic Endurance

So in general if u wanted a good training ride that would help your general fitness then I would say it did it's job. ut once again not sure where u are in your training and what ur objective was for the ride.

At least you did not spend to much time in Zone 1, 2, 5 and that is good

ok sorry for being a bit vague... i got a training programme from Maryke where according to her my Max HR is 182.5 now if my avg is 83% of my max HR is this good , dangerous or what?

i'm assuming that she workrd your max out with a calculator?

if so throw it away.. you need to then go and have a max heart rate test done..

when i was young and dumb my max heart rate was 2011. a full 11 beats higher than what theses formulas say.

when i was young and dumb my max heart rate was 2011. a full 11 beats higher than what theses formulas say.

Hahahaha. Yeah we know its a typo but with that HR you're closer to a hamster than a tedibear! :P

if my avg is 83% of my max HR is this good , dangerous or what?

Yesterday I raced for 3:50 minutes at an average of 87%.

If you are unfit or unwell, pushing yourself is dangerous. If you're healthy, reasonably active and recover well afterwards, it's good for you.

post-3168-0-63932900-1320056019.jpg

Edited by Lucky Luke.

62% of the time you were in zone 3 - in other words you were loafing or thought it was a Sunday ride

Or he was employing good bunch riding principals. In fact, riding most of the race in Zone 3 is even a bit much.

On the hardest stage of this years TDF (Stage 18), Juan Antonio Flecha spent 53% of his race in zone 2.

http://tpks.ws/sJbXShQz

On Stage 16 where he launched multiple attacks, he spent 35% in Z2 and 28% in Z3.

http://tpks.ws/R2lyRJ8k

On Stage 11 he took it easy and spent 82% of the time in Z2 or lower.

http://tpks.ws/kJBu

when i was young and dumb my max heart rate was 2011.

You were probably having great sex at the time.

@Help.Me, how as ur Max HR Calculated? Karvonen?

I have send her a lot of this kind of info and she gave the following 205 less half my age = 182.5 ?

Max HR and training zones can be calculated to a good degree of accuracy with a RAMP test. For best results make sure you are sufficiently rested before you do this.

http://www.cyclingtipsblog.com/2010/01/how-to-do-a-map-ramp-test/

I like this comment at the bottom....... I how ever do not have a power meter..

In the end it’s simply fun to see your mate in serious pain. All this testing, analysis and bike geek talk is just a way to legitimize the satisfaction resulting in seeing your buddy’s eyeballs pop out!