Tokai Signage

Beattbox

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

There are more signs in the making and there's hopefully going to be a build day this weekend.

To all the XC dudes. Please respect the signage on the trails. They are there for your safety. The bluegum exit was built specifically so you don't have to ride up the downhill trails. Please tell all your mates. The practice of riding up downhill trails needs to stop.

To all the DH dudes. Please inform the XC folk in a friendly manner about the sign and point out the alternate route.

Great to see those threads turned into a positive outcome for everybody who uses Tokai, nice going Pain or Shine and gang thumbup1.gif

Guest Omega Man

The wood from the signs will warm a shack nicely in the winter.

Aaaaand we're off.

Edited by Omega Man

Nice work and I think its very necessary, but that sign means we cant push up the track either?

Guest Omega Man

Nice work and I think its very necessary, but that sign means we cant push up the track either?

No it means no riding up the trail and there's a clearly marked trail exit.

Edited by Omega Man

Eggzakkery. No entry means: finad another way back up, which there is, and it's clearly marked as such (aka: detour).

Truth be told, I think this signage will be ignored. Maybe that's what defines "aggressive" trail riding? Still at least there are no excuses now.

To Dawie above who reckons it will be burnt...ummm no, it won't. Tokai is a closed reserve pal. Plus there is PLENTY of firewood to zik if the need should arise, especially with the tree felling going on there at the mo. But nice try for a lekker stir. Back to your braai now.

Well done - finally common sense is prevailing!

Need more of those though and that's where the fights are going to start.

Edited by #Pete#

Guest Omega Man

Truth be told, I think this signage will be ignored. Maybe that's what defines "aggressive" trail riding? Still at least there are no excuses now.

Sadly I think you are right. The inevitable response will be a **** YOU I'VE BEEN RIDING HERE 8 YEARS. Or something to that effect.

This is the first of many signs and hopefully people will adhere to them tho.

Edited by Omega Man