Assos Vs Castelli - Which?

T-Bob

Hi guys,

just need some hubbers opinions of the Assos Uno vs the Castelli Free Aero / Body paint road short. I know there is a lot of thought that it's Assos or nothing but The Castelli's have been getting some good reviews and wondered if there was anyone running the Castellis who might have switched from Assos... or anyone got any thoughts.

I'm looking to spend about R1500 either way (via Wiggle or CRC) and not the R3000 for the upper level Assos.

I found this review of Bib shorts in the June edition of Cycling Plus and they seem to rate a few different models highly.

http://castelli-cycling.com/uploads/reviews/files/108_cyclingplusjuly2011.pdf

Cheers guys for any thoughts one way or another.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think Assos are over rated and are very expensive for what you get, Castelli make decent kit, if it were my money, I'd go for the Castelli.

Thats like comparing a Ferrari to a BMW. Both are nice but one is pure class.

Assos all the way!

Ah the Swiss patriot ;)

I personally do not find my Assos bibs very conformable. In actual fact after long rides they begin to hurt my a$$.

A cheap pair of anatomic bibs have been my butts best friend!

I personally do not find my Assos bibs very conformable. In actual fact after long rides they begin to hurt my a$$.

A cheap pair of anatomic bibs have been my butts best friend!

Cheap Ass...

ASSOS! but the Castelli developments lately have been great, thinking about the importance of body aerodynamics.