Saturday Group Ride in Vanderbijl Park?

Chopper Jr

Hi peeps.

Does anyone know if there an organised Group Ride in Vanderbijl Park or the Vaal area on Saturday mornings?

I'm at the river this weekend and would like to get some distance in. The DC is only a few weeks away now, can't start tapering just yet!

Preferably road, but MTB will do too. :)

Cheers,

Rob

Okay so I believe there's a ride that starts at the "Circus" just off the R59... Road and MTB... guess I'll rock up at 5h30 and make introductions!

Hi Rob there is a group ride from Vanderbijlpark Cycles every Sat and Son starting at 6:00. Vanderbijlpark Cycles is at the boulevard shopping center next to the Dross.

• 2 weeks later...

Was at the river for the weekend, So decided to join the VBDP guys for a ride on Saturday morning.

To report back the guys were accommodating to everyone riding 60km loop and longer loop of 120km for the more advanced riders. I ended up having a puncture at the split (Maybe a good thing based that I was going long) to discover I had no tools or tube with me.

Wasn't an issue as a tube and bomb was offered right away. To compound matters the offered tube value was too short but the first riders to pass offered the correct tube hence problem solved

Was too long in changing the tube to join the group again so an early coffee was taken.

All in all a pleasure to ride with you guys. :thumbup:

Edited by grumpyg