Does the weather affect you

Stefanh

Hi Guys,

With the rainy season upon us, how does the weather affect your decision to train?

I got caught in the thunderstorm on Friday afternoon and had my wife pick me up from a nearby garage, it has happened a couple of times in the past as well. I’m not scared of the rain, but the thunder kinda rattles me. So what do you do, take the chance and ride or do you wait it out? Waiting would work if you have ample time to train, but when you only have an hour or 2 of light in the afternoon, it gets dodgy. What’s your take?

I might also add, as we were driving back home, we passed a couple of guys commuting back to local township, man I felt like a sheep…

Only weather that affects me is the cold , as in winter early mornings ( HATE IT ) but rain is no problem , when i go out and its looks funny i just take a rain coat and make sure my rear light is fitted and thats it.

If I am already out riding then I will continue and grin and bear it, if (like now) it looks like rain with the promise of some lightning then I don't bother!

What about the chap on Supercycling lat week that called in and said he got shocked by lightning while riding his bike on the road :o

What about the chap on Supercycling lat week that called in and said he got shocked by lightning while riding his bike on the road :o

It's happened to me before.

Where we used to live in Magalies (about 4km away) the house was struck twice (TV's and PC's messed up and they were unplugged!) and the third time it blew the transformer up about 5m from the house. Scares the crap out of you!

Yeah, I'm mostly a fair weather biker. In winter I rather lie under a warm blanket. If the wind is howling like today in PE (50-60 km/h) it's just too unpleasant to go ride. If it's raining the mud is just such a mess to clean up and causes extra damage to the components, although I've done that before and it was actually a lot of fun. Like a little piggy in the mud :rolleyes:

the colder the better...

also like to be out when others have pulled out of a ride or struggling in race because of weather