Malelane routes or trails?

jmt.row

Hi,

Can anyone help me with some ideas for routes and trails around the Malelane area. Preferably mtb but anything really.

A side note is it would be preferred if the risk of being eaten by a lion was minimal!

Can't help with Malelane routes, but I can advise on lions. I used to ride on the Gorongosa road in central Mozambique.

I used to practice ducking, and I used to do my best interval training there. :) :)

Have also heard a game ranger's trick. They drop their bikes and walk away. Apparently the lions are fascinated

with tyres which they bite and chew. :huh:

Also, Maputo is about an hours drive away- there's an active cycling scene there, with a league that had 26

races this year. Next year they are getting more into MTB events. There are also some excellent races in

Swaziland, including MTB Imvelo, Swazi Frontier, Swazi Trac 3 Reserves, City to City, Goba-Siteki, and others.

Not to mention the roads that God made for cyclists in Nelspruit, Sabie, White River, Hazyview. :clap: Eish.

Contact some of the local farmers.

I am certain that most of them will allow you to ride on their land, if it is done with the necessary care.

PM me for some contact details if you wish.