Polar Own zone

Lukep

I have a Polar Rs800.

It has the own zone feature: described below:

The OwnZone determination in Polar heart rate monitors and training computers is based on heart rate variability (R-R-interval) measurement during exercise and it is a result of an extensive research co-operation between Polar Electro Oy and international research groups. Heart rate variability (HRV) has traditionally been referred only in medical research in patients. Polar got interested in HRV in the beginning of 1990 when a Russian scientist presented his findings to the Polar R&D department. In 1993 Polar started research co-operation with the Merikoski Rehabilitation and Research Center, Oulu, Finland, to find out if HRV could be useful also in healthy subjects at rest and during exercise.

I have been told that if I want to optimize my fitness I must just folllow the own zone indicators on the watch.

90% of the time the own zone says I should train between 58% and 78% of HRM

Is this not too low? In order to improve speed and stength surely I need to push it to 90% at times?

Basically you have to use it all the time, every exercise for it to be accurate.

Its a guideline for your average basically, zones outside (above threshold obviously) are meant to happen.

Mine generally is 78-85%,my race average generally comes in for 85% for 3 hours plus races but is higher for shorter ones.

Basically you have to use it all the time, every exercise for it to be accurate.

Its a guideline for your average basically, zones outside (above threshold obviously) are meant to happen.

Mine generally is 78-85%,my race average generally comes in for 85% for 3 hours plus races but is higher for shorter ones.

Thanks

I try to follow it but when it says I must only go at 72% and on the day I feel strong I struggle to just sit at 72%, it very very rarely says I should go above 85% so I have done little trainign in this zone.

At the 3 towers my avrg hr was super high

Day 1 - 159bpm= 86%

Day 2 - 156bpm= 84%

Day 3 - 1534pm= 83%

So surely it shoudl let me train in these zones? Maybe the zones are not set up correctly?

Monday rest

Tuesday-Intervals 80-95%

Wednesday-50-60% easy

Thursday-Intervals 85-100%

Friday-50-60%

Saterday Race pace-80-100%

Sunday 3Hours 60-75%

My 50c