Recommend knee guards for XC

mojo2

Please recommend knee guards that i can use for normal trail and XC riding, that you can comfortably pedal with and use on technical single track

Want to use it on trails like Tokai, oak valley, hillcrest and countermands kloof

BTW a set that is available locally and not too hot

Thank you

if you have the cash, a pair of 661 EVO from CRC. Slightly cheaper, but a bit bulkier, 661 Kyle Strait. All knee pads are hot, it's the downside to not having smashed knees. Best solution is to only put them on when you've done all the hill climbing at Tokai and are ready to rip, or pull them down.

Hi FSA, Thank you

Im also looking at the Kyle Strait, CWC wil have them en of the month in stock what do you think of the FOX ones

Hi FSA, Thank you

Im also looking at the Kyle Strait, CWC wil have them en of the month in stock what do you think of the FOX ones

Mojo, did they confirm for you that they would have it in stock by end of November? Cause I spoke to Louis at CWC on Monday, and he told me they weren't too sure when they were gonna order again. Maybe our combined interest sparked them into action!

I used a set of these for a bit

Protec Double Down

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/Original/61025.jpg

CRC Link

They're light and easy to move in. They have a removable hard cap as well as removable padding. So they can be worn 4 different ways.

All in - maximum protection

Foam pad only - protection against moderate knocks

Hard cap only - no idea why someone would wear them this way

All out - light, will protect against small knowcks and grazes

I used mine for dirt jumping (before I got TLD T-Bones), and I had 1 bail in them. They stayed in place and offerec decent protection. Now they are my spare set for friends that wanna ride with me.

But yeah... more than adequate for XC

For XC I'd recommend that you don't use knee guards :D

maybe for "district road XC"... which is what 95% of "XC" races in SA are... but for XCO... there's a high chance them knees are gonna kiss mother earth

Hey Banna

I e-mailed Chris j last week and he said 5 weeks but i see on CRC they are on special at the moment, why dont you e-mail him as well (supply and demand :thumbup: )

For XC I'd recommend that you don't use knee guards :D

Have 661 Evo's and i have tired to ride a full session with them on (technical single track, climbing, jeep i.e Tokai), but they are uncomfortable and hot. I find it hampers the movement of my knees, so I end up taking them off and them having to put them back on when needed = A huge ball ache. Ride without, so much easier!

Edited by Chubba

So what I'm saying is that for XC rides all you want need it something that'll protect you from scratches. No major high-speeds offs so you don't need something too hard.

661 Riot

661 Veggie

A-Star Sock

Most important part is fit. Mustn't move while pedaling.

Edited by The Crow

I had a look at the Raceface Dig tonight but they did not have my size but can order, what do you okes think of them

If you're looking for something you plan to be spending time in then you need to forget about the 661 options and look at the POC. CRC is your friend ;) There is nothing better in terms of breathable, lightweight protections.

I'd rather go for something like this, open behind the knee, if you have to pedal a bit. Those closed pads gets really hot. I dont know what pedals you use, but for me, shins is a must, for those platform screws.

PS. I prefer not to wear pads, just to uncomfortable and i'll take my chances.

post-28006-0-47358700-1320515989.jpg

Edited by braailegend