Stretching / General stiffness

Garfield2010

post-12877-0-83952600-1320145473.gif

Hi guys

My one side of my body have always been stiffer than the other. For example if I do the hamstring strecth on the attached pic then my one side is easy and I can stretch my hammy. The other side however is very stiff and my other knee hurts on the outside so in the end I cannot even stretch my hamstring - I have to use another type of stretch.

Are there any other guys with the same issues?

How can I loosen this up? (It almost feels as if it comes from my side muscles)

Everyone has one side that is stiffer than the other...

A good stretch for the side that I've found is starting out in child's pose (yoga stretch) with your arms out infront, then while in the position move your arms over to the right, while making sure your left buttocks is glued to the ground, hold for a while before returning to center and repeat for other side.

To loosen up the legs, go in to downward dog, and pedal your feet slowly.

Everyone has one side that is stiffer than the other...

A good stretch for the side that I've found is starting out in child's pose (yoga stretch) with your arms out infront, then while in the position move your arms over to the right, while making sure your left buttocks is glued to the ground, hold for a while before returning to center and repeat for other side.

To loosen up the legs, go in to downward dog, and pedal your feet slowly.

WTF is the "donwward Dog"?

How about the Upwards Cat stretch? :clap: :clap:

WTF is the "donwward Dog"?

How about the Upwards Cat stretch? :clap: :clap:

Hahahaha.... It's also a yoga stretch! :P

And... it's just called cat - stretches out your back - normally go from cat in to cow :D

I'll see if I can find pictures

Don't knock till you've tried it.

:huh:

Most Pilates classes will do at least 1 downward Dog set. Pilates rocks, I couldn't touch my toes, it gave me 15cm extra reach. Very good for cyclist...

There is almost always at least 1 raging hottie in the class.

Tip: don't eat baked beans b4 pilates - Nuff said!

Pilates classes free @ Virgin active & Planet fitnes

Edited by Nickzta

Although stretching is def the key to balanced supple muscles. The tightness on one side can be a side effect of an imbalance in your muscles.maybe in your back...

Had this issue when I was younger, the right side of my back was better developed than the left which cause a small scolliosis (spell). This resulted in less flexability in my right hip and often back spasms as well. With some guidance from the physio and a good variation of excersises, as well as loads of stretching, the problem was sorted...

Agreed on the benefits of yoga! Always hotties and good for core and stress too!