Chain Reaction Cycles meltdown?

Just Keep Pedaling

The LG1+ in my order is the 32-36T in white. Seems they have stock of the slightly larger one (36-40T) so I'll probably just swop for that!?

I have the larger one in white

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Placed an order yesterday afternoon, just received an email saying it's been dispatched. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

WHAT?! No fair! I alsp placed one yesterday... around 13:30... and it's still on "Processing" <_<

Why do CRC hate me!? WHY?!

WHAT?! No fair! I alsp placed one yesterday... around 13:30... and it's still on "Processing" <_<

Why do CRC hate me!? WHY?!

makes no sense since you are their loyalist supporter.. :lol:

I see they have a nice special on today:

I went for the red option... and I'm already working on my wishlist for that order :lol:

makes no sense since you are their loyalist supporter.. :lol:

I know... right?! On Tuesday I received my last order from them... Wednesday I place another order... and this is how they treat me?! :o

Okay, it's not cycling products but I ordered some stuff from an UK shop last week Tuesday and selected normal Royal mail. It arrived on Monday. So it took 4 working days to get to me. And I did not need to pay any duties or taxes (Not my fault. The invoice was in a little packet on the outside of the package). Sometimes things just work too good.

There seem to be lots of stock issues. 2012 not in yet and some 2011 stuff sold out. Haphazard release dates, Tsunami in Japan, who knows. I have been speaking to LBS more closely of late and they seem to be "meeting me" with similar prices to CRC. I mail them a CRC link to what I want and see what they can do price wise. Have not ordered from CRC for quite a while. And they fit it for me and have local warranties.

Good thinking supporting local. I do too as much as possible, but there's a lot of stuff not imported into SA and for that CRC is best.

Yeah, I also try go local where I can. Unfortunately though there's not a lot of range for the DH, FR and DJ scenes.

This order will have Nuke Proof flat pedals. Nuke Proof rear axle parts. And some 5.10 Barons. As far as I know none of this is available locally.

@TNOSE & Crow

Do either of you bank with FNB?

A colleague ordered last week and it was delayed by 3days cos FNB wanted to make sure it wasn't fraud on the card. My last order was paid with ABSA, but this one is FNB... and I'm hoping that my delayed dispatch isn't caused by the same reason as my colleagues. Hope even more that it's not the same reason my last order was delayed... out of stock items <_<

@TNOSE & Crow

A colleague ordered last week and it was delayed by 3days cos FNB wanted to make sure it wasn't fraud on the card. My last order was paid with ABSA, but this one is FNB... and I'm hoping that my delayed dispatch isn't caused by the same reason as my colleagues. Hope even more that it's not the same reason my last order was delayed... out of stock items <_<

Last month Absa phoned me to investigate some transactions on my CC. In two days I placed orders from the UK and USA. I did not mind the call as it shows me someone is looking out for me. This month's UK transaction did not sound any alarms.

@TNOSE & Crow

ABSA

I use Standard Bank.

They have phoned me before, but i think its a random check and they dont check all transactions?