Cycle Tour Newbies

B3VAN

Is there anybody out there doing the Cycle Tour for the first time? What time are you aiming to finish in and are you training yet?

Is there anybody out there doing the Cycle Tour for the first time? What time are you aiming to finish in and are you training yet?

Refering to 94.7.

Have started training, followed fittrack. But slagged off the last two weeks, as wifey went back to work after maternity leave. Aiming for 4 hours.

That is a bit ambiguous..... you referring to the Argus or the 94.7 or the Burger? DamMTBer is confusing the story here then.

I assume Argus as it it referred to as the Argus Cycle Tour...

Will be my 3rd Argus this year - 1st 3hr40, 2nd 2hr57, 3rd - who knows?

I'm actually talking about the Cape Argus Cycle Tour but I guess it's the same. Excuse my ignorance but what's fittrack? I'm trying to improve my seeding to avoid getting stuck behind crowds of walking cyclists at the base of every climb. Does that happen at the 94.7 as well?

I guess bottlenecks happen at most of the biggies... Consider joining a Charity Bond??? :blink: it'll cost you some of your spare time or a bit of extra cash.

But it'll pull you ahead of the worst seeding groups. Think The CHOC Cows are big in the Argus too. Great bunch of very cool, very fun people. Check em out, meybe??

I'm already with the Nedbank Peloton, start time is at about 08:20. Any earlier than that and I'm just gonna have to do some seeding events.

Good thing is that Nedbank don't charge you to join the peloton as long as you've already entered. I wonder what Steve from beep bank would say about that :P