Race from Protea Hotel Sukerbosrand

Underachiever

Hubbers

Considering to do Sunday's race that starts from the Protea Hotel in Suikerbosrand. Details to get there is not that clear....

Please help. I will be coming from Benoni's side.

Thx

Frans

R55 to Daleside, off the Heidelberg/Meyerton road in Suikerbosrand Nature Reserve Meyerton, Gauteng, South Africa Pretoria Gauteng South Africa 1961

Latitude: -26.5175, Longitude: 28.1931

Map

Hope it helps

Race was surprisingly well attended. Nice route and well marshalled. A good prep race for the 94.7 - will do it again next year!!

Edited by Underachiever

Race was surprisingly well attended. Nice route and well marshalled. A good prep race for the 94.7 - will do it again next year!!

+1

And affordable. We paid R140 for a tandem.

Had some silly dude on a single bike fall on us at the start, almost came down. Another bad crash happened only 2km from the start. (94.7 warriors, perhaps)

We missed the food they had on sale last year.

Started in their "licenced" group. Nomally I rode in A or B, so all the attacks in the 1st half hour was not welcomed - expecially since I was on my heavy wheelset :-(

And a lot of gutters, but hey, made me stronger!!!!