Introduction... new to the Hub

granfondo

Hey all, just joined the hub recently, thought I'd intro myself... and post a pic of my new bike! I initially bought a 2nd-hand bike to get me started (old Monoc alu frame with 8-spd Sora...!) but at least managed to reach a reasonable level of fitness on it. I logged just over 8,000Km on the Monoc in the 3 years, so it served me very well.

Anyway, I treated myself to a new bike for my 50th. Fondriest TF2, Ultegra Tubeless wheelset with Conti Gatorskins, SRAM Rival Grouppo, Deda stem and bar, Prologo saddle, Look pedals... All I can say is... "WOW"! What a HUGE difference to my previous ride! I built the bike up myself (an interesting and enjoyable challenge) and have done a few shortish rides to test and tweak it. I'm riding the Klein Joostenberg funride on it this Sunday. I'm the guy with the BIG SMILE on his face...! Regards to you all, and happy and safe cycling.

post-28301-0-78642000-1320251687.jpg

Edited by granfondo

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome!

This cyber space place is filled with drama, wisdom, bantering and oodles of cycling opinions... :mellow:

Welcome!

This cyber space place is filled with drama, wisdom, bantering and oodles of cycling opinions... :mellow:

I'm starting to see that already... ;) Thanks for the welcome.

I'm starting to see that already... ;) Thanks for the welcome.

It will be easy to spot your machine in the mix on Sunday.

I plan to be there too, man.

:)

Nice machine and welcome to the Hub.May you be blessed with a long and happy stay.

Just don't mention nipples or skidmarks ;)

Nice machine and welcome to the Hub.May you be blessed with a long and happy stay.

Just don't mention nipples or skidmarks ;)

How do you remove the skidmarks again????

Welcome. Nice handle. I would have thought that it was taken. Well done on the ride.. Nice choice on the SRAM. Don't take life too seriously around here. No one gets out alive and don't fall for the trolls who come out after 8:30 at night after a few klippies and cokes....

Welcome. Nice handle. I would have thought that it was taken. Well done on the ride.. Nice choice on the SRAM. Don't take life too seriously around here. No one gets out alive and don't fall for the trolls who come out after 8:30 at night after a few klippies and cokes....

With so many members, I was also surprised it wasn't taken yet... Really glad I went SRAM, enjoying the 'double-tap' and crisp changes. I definitely don't plan on meeting THOSE trolls... my demons usually reside in a 340ml green bottle! :blink:

Beautiful bike, but that steerer tube needs a serious haircut. No matter how fast you ride, an uncut tube always screams noob.