Is Fuji MTB any Good?

DeCleated

Seeing as Im new to the MTBiking scene I would like to know your thoughts and opinions on the FUJI range of MTBikes.

Are they any good or will I be sorry I bought one and then have to buy a new bike 5/6 months down the line?

Im looking specifically at the 2011 Fuji Tahoe 4.0

Anyone have personal experience with this lil guy?

Thank in Advance!!!

Not many people know that they are an American company and also one of the oldest Bicycle manufacturers in the world. The people I know who have ridden Fuji road and MTB'S have been or are very happy with them. Brand snobs might disagree.

I have a Fuji Team Issue MTB and I'm very happy with it. Been riding and racing with it for about 6 years now and still no problems.

Does anyone know what type of Guarantee they give on their frames?

Will the 2011 Fuji Tahoe 4.0 be a better buy than the Merida TFS300?

The Merida goes for R5699 and the Fuji goes for R4499.95. That R1200 difference......

HELP ME GUYS!! :unsure:

i wont be able to talk re Fuji but what I can tell you is the Merida support in SA is very good, cant go wrong there

i wont be able to talk re Fuji but what I can tell you is the Merida support in SA is very good, cant go wrong there

Agreed nothing beats Merida support in MHO!

Well, the Fuji's at Solomans are all sold out in my size so I guess the choice is made for me........ just so much more expensive than the Fuji...

Just my 2 cents but Tread Mag reviewed the Schwinn Moab in the latest issue, for around the same price, and it had similar kit to the Fuji. Maybe check that out too. There is also the Silverback route but not too sure how good those frames are.

Solomons in Woodmead are always very helpful - maybe give them a call and speak to Agter if you still keen on the Fuji 011 802 0514.

Look at a 29er also if you buy a 26" and later want's to go the 29er way it wil cost you a new bike.

hey all Fuji has 100% commited back up service in SA they now have an international office for Africa based in South Africa to look after the whole continent. hope this helps.

Cheers!

• 1 year later...

Also been looking at the Fuji bikes as the are specced really well it seems. From what I have read on international forums it also looks like people have a rather high opinion of them.....Anyone else here been riding one...?

Been riding a fuji Nevada for a while now. Solid frame and reliable. Components have replaced and upgrade with general wear and tear. Has served me well

Been riding a fuji Nevada for a while now. Solid frame and reliable. Components have replaced and upgrade with general wear and tear. Has served me well

Also looking at the Nevada one which has some great components for a very decent price.... How long have you had yours for...?

Mine was a 2006 model, most of the parts have been upgraded since but frame is still going strong although have just retired it as now have a On One inbred frame which arrived yesterday!