Wines 2 Whales Adventure 2011

DJR

Before: Tell us why you are doing this, how much did you train, how do you plan to ride it.......

During: Tell us how it is going, the ride, the people, the race village.....

Afterwards: Tell us how it went, what you enjoyed, what you struggled with......

I train 3x+ a week, 200-300km, did a few stage races before but this is my first W2W, day 1 today was actually really tough, a bit of rain but a lot of wind and REALLY REALLY cold. Must admit, comparing it to the sani, theres a lot less single track and compulsary walking sections over the mountain which I didnt enjoy. Had a good day, averaged about 14kmh, lots of climbs and nice single track, unlike my normal 28,29kmh in gauteng and waited for my partner. Will provide feedback tomorrow again.

Made it, and not entirely at the tail end either! (It was the Adventure after all.)

The Wines 2 Whales organizers really did a great job. The route was awesome, well marked and with more than enough good single track. If I forget about the occasional cold shower, everything worked. The food was great and the scenery even better. The relaxed attitude of the riders and the funny prizegivings only added to the whole experience.

:clap:

The picture is just to show those who missed it what the weather and the surroundings looked like when we started day 3s ride.

post-17716-0-79788800-1320670887.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Velouria

Great writing! Please let us have more of the same on future races. :clap:

Next one will be the DC race report (if I survive)