32GI vs USN

Just picked up some 32GI Endurance Energy Drink at my LBS today. Previously been using USN CytoPower HP to fuel my rides, but liked the sound of this 'low GI' muti, and thought I'd give it a whirl... Feedback from anyone on the 32GI product, and if you've used USN, how it compares? (I realise what works for one doesn't necessarily work for the next person, but I'm interested for a quick 'dip-stick' guage...) Thanks!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked up some 32GI Endurance Energy Drink at my LBS today. Previously been using USN CytoPower HP to fuel my rides, but liked the sound of this 'low GI' muti, and thought I'd give it a whirl... Feedback from anyone on the 32GI product, and if you've used USN, how it compares? (I realise what works for one doesn't necessarily work for the next person, but I'm interested for a quick 'dip-stick' guage...) Thanks!

search the forum for "32GI rocks" and you'll find a thread similar length to War & Peace discussing the relative merits.

One thing with using 32GI is you have to be disciplined with how you fuel your body...you negate its benefits if for example you have cereal liberally coated with sugar for brekkie before a race/training

I am by no way an elite rider but here are my comments:

I used USN for a few marathons when first getting back into riding, as I got fitter and could judge the fuel better, I found I was very "up and down" with energy during long rides and races. Had to use gels to finish anything over 70km.

Started using 32GI and felt more consistent. But found the first 25-40 mins I felt flat. Started trying different pre-ride routines and got better with having the first 32GI serving very early and low GI breakfast. I still need the "chews" end of race and started using a bottle of Cytomax at the end of long rides now, feel I need the "fast" delivered energy when Im broken

USN Epic pro, has a good mix of everything

Low GI

High Gi

Pepto pro

Electrolites.

I have been using it for a while now and I have had good results.

USN Epic pro, has a good mix of everything

Low GI

High Gi

Pepto pro

Electrolites.

I have been using it for a while now and I have had good results.

Tastes like crap though! :lol:

search the forum for "32GI rocks" and you'll find a thread similar length to War & Peace discussing the relative merits.

One thing with using 32GI is you have to be disciplined with how you fuel your body...you negate its benefits if for example you have cereal liberally coated with sugar for brekkie before a race/training

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind... :thumbup:

I am by no way an elite rider but here are my comments:

I used USN for a few marathons when first getting back into riding, as I got fitter and could judge the fuel better, I found I was very "up and down" with energy during long rides and races. Had to use gels to finish anything over 70km.

Started using 32GI and felt more consistent. But found the first 25-40 mins I felt flat. Started trying different pre-ride routines and got better with having the first 32GI serving very early and low GI breakfast. I still need the "chews" end of race and started using a bottle of Cytomax at the end of long rides now, feel I need the "fast" delivered energy when Im broken

Useful feedback, thanks. I've got some chews as a stand-by. Interesting about the Cytomax... may try it on a long training ride.

Thanks all for the comments. I'll see how I go on the 32GI this weekend, and feed back my experience. I've noticed that how I feel 'during a race' also depends on when / what I've had early on the morning - not easy to eat breakfast at 4am though!! Oh, I usually finish off with USN RecoverMax straight after a hard ride - found that helps me with recovery. It's a fact that none of these things taste too great to my palate - but then if they did, they're bound to be full of colourants and flavourants!

My secret concoction is:

Hammer Perpetuem in bottle 1

USN Epic Pro in bottle 2

I have tried most supplements, but find these work best for me.

Wasn't all that impressed with 32GI to be honest, but then I don't follow a strictly Low GI diet, don't have the money or the time...

Edited by StevieL

My secret concoction is:

Hammer Perpetuem in bottle 1

USN Epic Pro in bottle 2

I have tried most supplements, but find these work best for me.

Wasn't all that impressed with 32GI to be honest, but then I don't follow a strictly Low GI diet, don't have the money or the time...

I'll check those out on the shelves at my LBS, may give it a try. My son does trail running - I know a lot of them also use Hammer products...