UST Repair

RollandBounce

I just lost a brand new ust tyre due to a nail...went in the tread and out the sidewall- the tread repair is easy - normal worms.. But the sidewall "cut/hole" is about 5mm in diameter - anyone with advice how to repair- want to use the tyre still for training - especially since it is a new tyre..

Patch it from the inside with a normal patch that you would use on a tube (or maybe a small piece of rubber cut out from an old tube) and then run it with a tube just to be safe?

post-25815-0-65853800-1320388775.jpg

Patch it from the inside with a normal patch that you would use on a tube (or maybe a small piece of rubber cut out from an old tube) and then run it with a tube just to be safe?

I just lost a brand new ust tyre due to a nail...went in the tread and out the sidewall- the tread repair is easy - normal worms.. But the sidewall "cut/hole" is about 5mm in diameter - anyone with advice how to repair- want to use the tyre still for training - especially since it is a new tyre..

Some guys sew the hole closed with dental floss. You could also patch it from the inside with a gator I guess.

"lost some strengt" in the tyre due to hole -tried one of those "glueless" patches, but pressure pushed it out- maybe will try a "traditional" patch

I use waxed tread used for leather work and leather work needles to stitch up the hole. Then I patch the inside over the stitch work. And all done. You can even start making your own leather gimp suit kinky stuff. In silverton there is a leather supplier (leatherrite) for all your leather needs.