World vets

GordonD

I was astounded to find out that the vets have to pay 250 euro to enter next years worlds in Maritzburg.This after all the expenses already incured to qualify to ride for your country.I think it is an absolute disgrace that these riders are not sudsidised in any way whether it be travel or accomodation.Do you really think that the riders will ride for their country or themselves.I bet the overseas riders are supported in some way or other.Maybe MR Till will surprise us!!!!!!!!!.In most other sports it is an honour to ride for your country,or are the vets seperate from the Elites.Amazing how Elite were able to ride in the 40+ race,wonder who they were riding for.

In angling everything is also for your account to be a Vet without a sponser it's costly you must pay for everything :angry: :thumbdown:

I was astounded to find out that the vets have to pay 250 euro to enter next years worlds in Maritzburg.

Are you sure that is the final amount? I know they said they can charge up to a maximum of E250 for the event, but that doesn't mean they have to. Obviously it can be cheaper in SA.

1. How does this compare with the entry fee for the vet worlds they used to have in Germany?

2. I recon for CSA it is a matter of strategy and doing the numbers - do they have a plan for the development of vet cycling, what do they hope to achieve, and what will they gain?

Whatever the reason 250 Euro is day light robbery - it is completely out of line with anything else in South Africa - including the our expensive race - el Epico.

That said - has that number been confirmed?

The CSA has a plan? Bwaaaahahahahaha. Before they need a plan they need a clue.

2. I reckon for CSA it is a matter of

raping and pillaging. so, business as usual.

I'm finding it difficult to sympathise with any of you. In fact, I would be really pissed to know that vet cyclists got any kind of subsidy when that money could have gone to the youngsters that really need it(i know, not that it does).