Phil Liggett and 4 International riders doing a 'TwitterRide' in Jhb

Rob22

Four top international professional cyclists who will be riding in the 94.7 will also be doing a 'TwitterRide' the day before the 94.7. Included in the ride will be DanMartin from team Garmin Cervelo, Dean Downing from team Rapha-Condor-Sharp, Russ Downing from Team Sky and Stephen Roche.

They will be joined by local sporting legends Joel Stransky and Francois Pienaar, among others.

Anyone is welcome to join the Twitter ride which will start and finish at Waterfall Country Estate, the same finish venue as Cycle Challenge Sunday. Participants will cover a gentle 35km and rolling road closures as well as marshals and medical support will ensure the safety of participants.

Momentum has generously laid on some coffee and muffins at the finish area, where cyclists can also get photographs and autographs with these cycling stars

Follow the Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge on Twitter @momentum94.7, and like the Facebook page to ensure you're up to date on all the info

That's cool news.

Dan Martin is a top 10 finisher in the recent TdF, as far as I remember.

Roche is a legend in his own right.

Lekka...

Stephen Roche? or Nicholas Roche his son and current AG2R rider?

Have tweeted Deano and Russ, hopefully they can make it down to Cape Town for a ride as well

Stephen Roche? or Nicholas Roche his son and current AG2R rider?

Have tweeted Deano and Russ, hopefully they can make it down to Cape Town for a ride as well

Ah no I see it IS Stephen Roche! EX-international rider :P and LEGEND :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ah no I see it IS Stephen Roche! EX-international rider :P and LEGEND :thumbup: :thumbup:

To be precise, a former Tour De France champion, Giro D Italia and World road champion...all done in the same year! LEGEND, thats a fitting description!

That's cool news.

Dan Martin is a top 10 finisher in the recent TdF, as far as I remember.

Roche is a legend in his own right.

Lekka...

Dan Martin wasn't selected for the tour this year.