Road Trip to Cape Town from Durban

Caerus

So with the Xmas holidays fast approaching, I'm planning on driving down to Cape Town from Durban. I will be leaving on about the 22nd Dec via the Karoo, and then will be coming back up to Durban via the Garden Route around the 12th of Jan . I hopefully have not left it too late to secure some accomadation :unsure:

I'm thinking of taking two days to get down to Cape Town, but Im looking for somewhere to stop that I can also go for a bit of a ride.

Then for the way back I'm gonna take possibly 4-6 days, with a stop at Jeffreys Bay for sure. I would like to also be able to stop a couple places and get some good trails in.

I'll be driving by myself there and back, traveling with two bikes and a car full of stuff, so places to stay and ride need to be pretty safe and secure, I will be happy to camp on your lawn :rolleyes:

So I'm open to all suggestions and advice.

One place you have to stop over at is the storms river mouth, where the otter trail starts. Its a National Park so not too expensive and it has to be one of the most stunning places in SA.

http://www.saparks.com/accommodation/tsitsikamma_storms_river.aspx

Another really cool place i've stayed at is Victoria Bay, just outside George. Its also a good surfing spot(not that I surf). I camped in the camp site overlooking the bay, but i'm sure there a couple of B&B's there as well.

http://www.victoriabaycaravanpark.co.za/

I should be around if you keen to ride the Hogsback and Amatola's, you are welcome to stay at my place, I've got a small self catering cottage in the hills between Cathcart and Stutterheim on the east of the N2

I should be around if you keen to ride the Hogsback and Amatola's, you are welcome to stay at my place, I've got a small self catering cottage in the hills between Cathcart and Stutterheim on the east of the N2

That sounds awesome, thanks very much for offer :thumbup: . I'll let you know a date once I've worked out my full driving itinerary.

I'm thinking of a 3 days around Knysna, any suggestions on places to stay would this be the best place to stay to get some trails in :unsure:

Also,are there decent trails or riding around Cape St. Francis? I've got a mate I can stay with.

Near Knysna you simply have to do the Harkerville Red Route. It is between Knysna and Plett, it starts from a place called Garden of Eden and then just gets better and better.