Tragedy hits top MTB race

Matt

Very sad start to the W2W. Condolences to the families.

TRAGEDY overshadowed the start of a Cape adventure mountain bike race today when three men, who were preparing part of the trail, were swept out to sea.

One of the bodies was washed ashore and the police diving unit resumed its search for the other two men at first light today.

The three had been preparing part of the track yesterday for the Contego Wine2Whales MTB Adventure.

More here:

http://www.iol.co.za...-race-1.1171769

****!!! Condolences to the family :( Not cool to hear. Never thought preparing a track for an MTB race would be life threatening :blink:

RIP. Don't understand why they had to collect seawater when there is a shower/tap and bathroom right next to the beach.

Onrus beach gets a crazy beach break with a massive ripcurrent on the right..RIP dudes, sad indeed.

RIP. Don't understand why they had to collect seawater when there is a shower/tap and bathroom right next to the beach.

I think it is because of the belief that it still has healing properties.... although these days I think there is more fecal content in sea water than tap water especially along the coast with higher concentration at river mouths :unsure:

Really sad. Hope the guys that ride the w2w take some time to remember when they ride that specific section

As far as I know they use it as a medicine so to speak. Got an upset stomach drink seawater and you kotch everything out. Pretty common up in KZN

RIP