Swimming monitor

skyfreak

Ok...I have search the internet to the end and back and cannot find a decent device that can do everything I need for swimming. I have posted a link to a watch that can be used for swimming in a pool…that is it…outside of the pool it is a stopwatch. I need something that can measure HR, speed, distance, number of laps, time etc. Anyone have an idea of something that can do that inside water?

Pool Mate

The closest swimming watch with all the gadgets that I've come across is the new Garmin Forerunner 910XT. Although the only problem is that it doesn't calculate HR.

Just out of curiousity - why do you need/want all that info for swimming?

Timex Ironman, not sure though how you are going to get GPS in the water for distance and speed - don't think it is possible

Ok...I have search the internet to the end and back and cannot find a decent device that can do everything I need for swimming. I have posted a link to a watch that can be used for swimming in a pool…that is it…outside of the pool it is a stopwatch. I need something that can measure HR, speed, distance, number of laps, time etc. Anyone have an idea of something that can do that inside water?

Pool Mate

:blink: Heart Rate?

Just count the laps and press the topwatch.What more do you need......elevation?

I

You are like that oke who wanted the profile for the swim in the tri :unsure:

Agree witH Garmin 910XT - and you can get an HRM as well. As ebst i know, its still not available in SA but it seems to be a major improvement over the 310XT, especially in size.

FR910XT isn't available ANYWHERE yet. Hasn't even been officially launched. Only previews and prototypes to be seen at shows and on sites like DCRainmaker.com.

Check out the FREELAP products. The basic stuff is available through CRC at pretty reasonable prices. I'm looking at bundling an order together with some of the DH riders and ordering from Freepap directly, this will drop approximately 20% off the pricing from CRC. PM me if you're interested ;)

:blink: Heart Rate?

Just count the laps and press the topwatch.What more do you need......elevation?

I

You are like that oke who wanted the profile for the swim in the tri :unsure:

Idiot post :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Did I mention anything about elevation??? :angry: :angry: Get a life!!!

I need a device that can be used in the swimming pool at the gym and also when I am swimming open water (will probably need a GPS for that). I need speed, HR (that is only for afterwards to review my training), time and distance in the pool and outdoors...I get lazy counting laps in the pool :rolleyes: I will us the device for tri-sport...so any add-on is a bonus.

Thank you all for your valuable posts.

Edited by skyfreak

Check out the FREELAP products. The basic stuff is available through CRC at pretty reasonable prices. I'm looking at bundling an order together with some of the DH riders and ordering from Freepap directly, this will drop approximately 20% off the pricing from CRC. PM me if you're interested ;)

Thanks rushsportscycling.com. I have a Suunto that I use for regular training out of the pool...currently I do not have any feedback of how hard I have trained in the water.